Stay current on all events that are related to BCVS early career!
Learn more about the members of the BCVS Early Career Committee.
See opportunities for funding, growth, and development.
Keep in touch with all things AHA through social media.
The Early Career Committee of the BCVS Council has been established with the aim to:
- Introduce trainees and early career individuals in the mission of the BCVS council and the AHA.
- Foster the development of trainees and early career professionals in the field of basic cardiovascular science.
- Facilitate information flow that pertains to scientific advancements and career opportunities
2022 BCVS Early Career Mentorship Program
Important: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are currently pausing on this program until further notice. We still encourage you to submit your application as you see fit and we will provide updates on this website as new announcements unfold. We are delighted to offer a program to Early Career Investigators that gives them the opportunity to intern/observe in an Established Investigator’s laboratory for a few days as a visiting scholar. We look forward to connecting you with a Mentor who has similar interests and experience as yours and who could help advance your career. Please read the program information carefully and answer all questions in the application form to be considered for review by the BCVS Early Career Committee. Learn more about this program.
Here's why you should submit to #BCVS22
- Present your science to peers and colleagues in person.
- Get published in our flagship scientific journal, Circulation Research.
- Experience oral abstract presentations and poster presentations.
- Three finalists are selected for the Outstanding Early Career Competition.
Key dates and fees
Abstract submissions close March 16 - Abstract fee $49
Visit our Meetings & Events page for more information on Basic Cardiovascular Sciences Scientific Sessions 2022.
BCVS Young Investigator Awards
History of Finalists