Paul Dudley White International Scholar Award
Honoring the best cardiovascular and brain health science in the world
The Paul Dudley White International Scholar Award recognizes the team of authors with the highest-ranked scientific abstract from every participating country for each AHA scientific meeting.
Paul Dudley White was one of the founders of the AHA and a champion for heart health who pioneered preventive cardiology. Since 2017, the Paul Dudley White International Scholar Award has promoted Dr. White’s vision for excellence in cardiovascular and brain health science.
The award is based on abstract scores only. You don't have to apply, and professional membership is not required.
Paul Dudley White International Scholar Awardees
Use the scroll bar under the images to browse.
2022 Vascular Discovery: From Genes to Medicine Scientific Sessions
Paul Dudley White International Scholar awardee, Chun Ming Teoh, recognized for having the highest ranked abstract from Singapore at the 2019 Vascular Discovery Conference
Attendees picking out their recognition ribbions at the 2019 Scientific Sessions
Paul Dudley White International Scholar awardees taking a group picture at the 2020 International Stroke Conference
Paul Dudley White International Scholar awardee, Shwetha A. George, recognized for having the highest ranked abstract from New Zeland at the 2020 EPI-Lifestyle Scientific Sessions
Paul Dudley White International Scholar awardee, Arvind Pandey, recognized for having the highest ranked abstract from Lebanon at the 2019 Vascular Discovery: From Genes to Medicine Scientific Sessions
2022 Scientific Sessions
Paul Dudley White International Scholar awardee, Mohamed A. Elhadad, recognized for having the highest ranked abstract from Germany at the 2020 EPI-Lifestyle Scientific Sessions
2020 EPI-Lifestyle Conference
2022 Resuscitation Science Symposium
2022 Basic Cardiovascular Sciences Conference
2022 Hypertension Scientific Sessions
2023 International Stroke Conference
Why it matters
Global peers confirm the value of your contribution to cardiovascular and brain health science. This can benefit your career in several ways:
- Create a pathway to other awards
- Distinguish you in grant applications
- Enhance your CV
- Increase your visibility
- Recipients are recognized during the opening remarks of each meeting.
- The presenting author receives an award certificate.
- Each author on the winning team may display a Paul Dudley White International Scholar ribbon below their conference badge.
This prestigious award is an important steppingstone on recipients' lifelong career paths.
American Heart Association Professional Members
Enjoy instant benefits!
- Free Online Access to AHA Scientific Journals
- Affiliate with our 16 Scientific Councils
- Discounts on Scientific Conference Registration and Online Courses
Why join our Professional Membership
By being a member, you become part of a select group of science professionals. Your membership offers you special access, unique opportunities and benefits including:
- Networking opportunities with like-minded professionals.
- Affiliate with one — or more — of our 16 Scientific Councils.
- Save on registration to all AHA scientific meetings.
- Member-only research funding opportunities.
- Eligibility for AHA council grants and awards.
- Access to complimentary and/or discounted courses. through the Lifelong Learning Center.
- Access to the online AHA Professional Volunteer Search.
- Receive discounted article publication charges for accepted articles in JAHA (the AHA’s Open Access journal that’s freely accessible). Members save with discount code.
- Digital access to Science News and AHA Connections newsletters.
- Plus, much more!