To qualify for Hypertension Scientific Sessions awards you must meet the following deadlines:
- June 15, 2020, 6 p.m. CDT – Deadline to submit your science to Hypertension Scientific Sessions 2020.
- June 16, 2020, 12 a.m. CDT – Deadline to apply for this award.
The Corcoran Lecture, sponsored by the Council on Hypertension, is presented annually at the AHA Hypertension Scientific Sessions by a distinguished honoree from the field of hypertension.
This honorary lecture was established in 1977 in honor of Arthur Curtis Corcoran. Dr. Corcoran’s major achievement was his early application of clearance methods in both hypertensive patients and animals.
|2019 Patrick J. Pagano, PhD, FAHA||2004 Anna F. Dominczak, MD||1989 Aram V. Chobanian, MD|
|2018 Virend K. Somers, MD, PhD, FAHA||2003 Willa A. Hsueh, MD||1988 Harriet P. Dustan, MD|
|2017 Tomasz J. Guzik, MD, PhD||2002 Gordon Williams, MD||1987 Edgar Haber, MD|
|2016 Karen Griffin, MD, FAHA||2001 L. Gabriel Navar, PhD||1986 Robert J. Lefkowitz, MD|
|2015 S. Ananth Karumanchi, MD||2000 Friedrich Luft, MD||1985 Robert C. Tarazi, MD|
|2014 Sadayoshi Ito, MD, PhD||1999 Norman K. Hollenberg, MD||1984 Wai Yiu Cheung, PhD|
|2013 Mohan Raizada, BSC, MSc, PhD||1998 Suzanne Oparil, MD||1983 Michael S. Brown, MD|
|2012 Robin Davisson, PhD, FAHA||1997 Alberto Nasjletti, MD||1983 Joseph L. Goldstein, MD|
|2011 Jan Danser, PhD||1996 Edward D. Frohlich, MD||1982 Pierre L. Corvol, MD|
|2010 Timothy L. Reudelhuber, PhD||1995 Masashi Yanagisawa, MD PhD||1981 Bengt Samuelsson, MD|
|2009 Toshiro Fujita, MD||1994 Salvador Moncada, MD PhD||1980 Frederic Bartter, MD|
|2008 Gregory Fink, PhD||1993 Haralambos Gavras, MD||1979 E. Eric Muirhead, MD|
|2007 Curt D. Sigmund, PhD||1992 Stevo Julius, MD||1978 J. Ian S. Robertson, MD|
|2006 Thomas M. Coffman, MD||1991 Detlev Ganten, MD||1977 Börje Johansson|
|2005 Carlos Ferrario, MD o||1990 Hugh E. deWardener, MD|
How to Make a Nomination/Required Documents
Electronic submission through the Council Awards Application System is required. Hard copies of any part of the nomination cannot be accepted.
The nomination file (submitted on the nominee’s behalf) should contain the following documents in PDF format:
- Letter of nomination on behalf of the candidate that outlines why the candidate is worthy of recognition. This may include the candidate's accomplishments in the field of hypertension, his or her volunteer activities with the AHA (affiliate and/or national level), teaching and mentoring activities, or a combination of these.
- Curriculum vitae, including bibliography
Visit the Council Awards Application System to complete a nomination.
A username and password previously set up through online profile registration at Professional Heart Daily will be necessary to access the Application System. If you have not created an online profile yet, please visit Professional Heart Daily to create an online member profile before accessing the Council Awards Application System. AHA Professional Members who are creating an online profile for the first time should make sure to register using their AHA membership identification numbers.
The honoree will present a lecture during the Hypertension Scientific Sessions and will be honored at the Award Luncheon.
The honoree will also receive:
- Complimentary registration to the Hypertension Scientific Sessions
- $2,000 Honorarium
- Engraved plaque
- Round-trip coach airfare to the conference at the 21-day advance purchase rate
- One-night hotel accommodations at the conference rate
- Ground transportation expenses to attend the conference
- Up to $70 in meal reimbursement
- Two tickets to the Annual Hypertension Scientific Sessions Awards Banquet
American Heart Association Professional Partners @Model.Item.RenderHeadingSizeTag("h2")>
Renew or join as a professional partner today to make a difference.
AHA Hypertension Scientific Sessions @Model.Item.RenderHeadingSizeTag("h2")>
This is a four-day scientific program for clinical and basic researchers focusing on recent advances in hypertension research.