New Investigator Awards for Japanese Fellows
Sponsored by the Council on Hypertension
To qualify for Hypertension Scientific Sessions awards, you must meet these deadlines. Please carefully check the eligibility and application requirements for each award.
- May 23, 2023 – Deadline to have an active AHA membership with this Council.
- May 25, 2023, 6 p.m. CDT – Deadline to submit your science to Hypertension Scientific Sessions 2021.
- May 25, 2022, 6 p.m. CDT – Deadline to apply for awards requiring submission in the Council Awards Application system.
The Council on Hypertension supports the efforts of its early career members as well as those located internationally. The New Investigator Award for Japanese Fellows will be presented to up to three qualified new investigators from Japan who will present abstracts at the Hypertension Scientific Sessions. The competition encourages new investigators from Japan to undertake or continue hypertension research and to participate in the conference.
- The candidate must be a current citizen or a resident of Japan.
- Applicant must be active in research and still be in training as an undergraduate or pre-doctoral student, or be active in research and within 10 years of completing medical fellowship (or residency as NIH states, MDs would be Fellows for 3-6 years of the 7-10), terminal degree or highest certificate (e.g. MSc, PhD), as of the award application date..
- The applicant must be the first/primary author of the abstract.
- Please check other eligibility and application requirements on the Japanese Society for Hypertension’s website.
How to Apply
Please apply on the Japanese Society for Hypertension’s website.
- Council Awards: [email protected]
- Member Services: [email protected]
- Password/Login: [email protected]
- Abstract Submission: [email protected]
AHA Professional Members are Difference Makers
Hypertension Scientific Sessions
September 7-10, 2023
Sheraton Boston Hotel | Boston, Massachusetts