Programming - Vascular Discovery: from Genes to Medicine Scientific Sessions 2021
The conference will especially appeal to:
- Basic scientists
- Translational and clinical investigators
- Clinicians interested in:
|Vascular Health||Vascular Medicine|
|Thromboembolism||Peripheral artery disease|
|Molecular/cellular biology||Functional genomics|
About this Meeting
Vascular Discovery: From Genes to Medicine is sponsored by the Council on Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis and Vascular Biology and the Peripheral Vascular Disease Council, in cooperation with the Council on Genomic and Precision Medicine, and the Society for Vascular Surgery. The primary goal of this virtual event is to provide a forum for the exchange of information about new and emerging scientific research in lipids and lipoproteins, arteriosclerosis, thrombosis, vascular biology, genomics and peripheral vascular disease.
The format of the event, with many invited presentations as well as a dedicated focus on poster presentations, is intended to maximize a thought-provoking flow of information and discourse among scientists.
At the conclusion of this conference, participants will be able to:
- Discuss current guidelines for the use of prophylactic thrombolysis in the inpatient setting and identify performance improvement approaches to improve adherence.
- Discuss current research and findings into the molecular and genetic underpinnings of atherosclerotic disease and the implications for clinical practice.
- Discuss current guidelines for the appropriate management of PAD and opportunities to improve their use in clinical practice.
- Describe the role and potential role of emerging treatments for dyslipidemia.