WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 11
- One Year Follow-up Results From AUGMENT-HF: A Multicenter Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial of the Efficacy of Left Ventricular Augmentation With Algisyl-LVR in the Treatment of Heart Failure
- The-First-in-Man Randomized Trial of a β3-adrenoceptor Agonist in Chronic Heart Failure - The BEAT-HF Trial
- Prevention of Cardiac Dysfunction During Adjuvant Breast Cancer Therapy (PRADA): Primary Results of a Randomized, 2 x 2 Factorial, Placebo-Controlled, Double-Blind Clinical Trial
- ANNEXA™-R Part 2: A Phase 3 Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial Demonstrating Sustained Reversal of Rivaroxaban-Induced Anticoagulation in Older Subjects by Andexanet Alfa (PRT064445), a Universal Antidote for Factor XA (FXA) Inhibitors
- Prevention of Acute Kidney Injury by Nitric Oxide During and After Prolonged Cardiopulmonary Bypass. A Double Blind Randomized Controlled Trial
- A Randomized, Placebo Controlled Trial of Late Na Channel Inhibition (ranolazine) in Coronary Microvascular Dysfunction (CMD): Impact on Angina and Myocardial Ischemia
- ALN-PCSsc, an RNAi Investigational Agent That Inhibits PCSK9 With Potential for Effective Quarterly or Possibly Bi-Annual Dosing: Results of Single-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Phase 1 Single-Ascending Dose (SAD), and Multi-Dose (MD) Trial in Adults With Elevated LDL-C, on and off Statins
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 10
Managing Risk Factors for CAD
Donna Arnett, PhD and panelists Christie Ballantyne, MD, Marc Ruel, MD discuss the science presented in CS.03 Managing Risk Factors for Coronary Artery Disease: Clinical Trial Updates.
ACS and PCI: The Continuum of Care
Alice Jacobs, MD, Kristin Newby, MD, MHS, and James De Lemos, MD discuss the science presented in LBCT.03 Acute Coronary Syndromes and Percutaneous Intervention: The Continuum of Care.
- Providing Rapid Out of Hospital Acute Cardiovascular Treatment (PROACT-4)
- Clinical Outcomes of Intravascular Ultrasound Guided Everolimus-Eluting Stents Implantation in Long Coronary Lesions
- Long-Term Tolerability of Ticagrelor in the PEGASUS-TIMI 54 Trial
- Individualizing Treatment Duration of Dual Antiplatelet Therapy After Percutaneous Coronary Intervention: An Analysis of the DAPT Study
- Angina and Quality of Life Following PCI with Incomplete Revascularization: Results From the Ranolazine for Incomplete Vessel Revascularization (RIVER-PCI) Trial
- STEMI/PCI Guidelines
- Cholesterol Treatment Targets and Clinical Outcomes: A JUPITER Trial Update
- Relationship Between High-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol and Cardiovascular and Non-Cardiovascular Mortality: A Population-Based Study of More than 630,000 Individuals Without Prior Cardiovascular Conditions in Ontario, Canada
- Long-term Cardiovascular Effects of 4.9 Years of Intensive Blood Pressure Control in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: The Action to Control Cardiovascular Risk in Diabetes Follow-On Blood Pressure Study
- Revascularization in Patients With Diabetes and Multivessel Coronary Artery Disease: A Population Based Evaluation of Outcomes
- Preventive Cardiology Today
- Characteristics and Impact of Bystander Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Following Pediatric Out of Hospital Cardiac Arrest in the United States: A Study From the Cardiac Arrest Registry to Enhance Survival (CARES)
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 9
Cutting Edge Technologies in EP
Gordon Tomaselli and panelists Janathan Picinni, MD, and Fred Masoudi, MD discuss the science presented in CS.02 Cutting Edge Technologies in EP.
Next Generation Registries
Panelists Marc Ruel, MD, MPH, Bob Harrington, MD, and Jane Newburger, MD, MPH discuss the science presented in clinical science special report 01 Novel Findings from Next Generation Registries.
Decreasing the Global Burden of Disease
Donna Arnett, PhD interviews panelists Sidney Smith, MD Thomas Granziano, MD and Allison Goldfine, MD about LBCT.02 Decreasing the Global Burden of Disease: Breakthroughs in Prevention.
Results of the ROC Trial
Bob Neumar, MD, immediate past chair of the Emergency Cardiovascular Care Committee, interviews investigator Graham Nichol, MD, about Results of the Resuscitation Outcomes Consortium Trial.
- Systolic Blood Pressure Intervention Trial (SPRINT)
- What Else Will We Learn from SPRINT?
- What Remains Unanswered and Where Do We Go From Here?
- Decreasing the Global Burden of Cardiovascular Disease: Moving the Needle
- The Efficacy and Safety of Varenicline, a Selective Alpha4beta2 Nicotinic Receptor Partial Agonist, for Smoking Cessation in Patients Hospitalized with Acute Coronary Syndrome: A Randomized Controlled Trial
- Impact of a Comprehensive Lifestyle Peer-group-based Intervention on Cardiovascular Risk Factors: A Randomized Controlled Trial
- Clinical Trial of a Mobile Health Intervention for Simultaneous versus Sequential Diet and Activity Change
- The Effect of Disclosing Genomic Risk of Coronary Heart Disease on Low-density Lipoprotein Cholesterol Levels: The Myocardial Infarction Genes (MI-GENES) Study
- Empagliflozin and Cardiovascular Outcomes in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus at High Cardiovascular Risk
- Two-Year Outcomes Following Mitral Valve Repair or Replacement for Severe Ischemic Mitral Regurgitation
- The Artificial Hearts
- Implementation of a Multidimensional Bundle for Dispatcher Telephone CPR in a Horizontal Dispatch System is Associated with Increased Bystander CPR and Good Neurological Survival From Out-of-hospital Cardiac Arrest
- Telecommunicator CPR Intervention Improves Recognition of Cardiac Arrest and Time to First Chest Compression
- How Can Registries Support New Evidence?
- Increased Incidence of Infective Endocarditis After the 2009 European Society of Cardiology Guideline Update: A Nation-wide Study in the Netherlands
- Examining Prevailing Genotype-Phenotype Correlations in Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: Findings From the Sarcomeric Human Cardiomyopathy Registry (SHaRe)
- Appropriate Use Criteria for Coronary Revascularization and Trends in Utilization, Patient Selection, and Appropriateness of Percutaneous Coronary Intervention - Findings from the NCDR-CathPCI Registry
- Clopidogrel on Top of Aspirin for the Prevention of New-onset Migraine Headache Attacks Following Transcatheter Closure of Atrial Septal Defects: A Prospective, Randomized, Double Blind Trial (CANOA)
- Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy is Detrimental in Patients with QRS Duration Greater Than 180ms and Right Bundle Branch Block Morphology: Analysis From the Medicare ICD Registry
- Miniaturized Transcatheter Delivered Cardiac Pacing: Primary Results of a Worldwide Clinical Trial
- A Randomized Controlled Trial of a Video Decision Support Tool to Depict Goals of Care and Resuscitation Options for Patients with Advanced Heart Failure
- Peri-procedural Safety of Left Atrial Appendage Occlusion with the WATCHMAN Device. Preliminary Data From the EWOLUTION Registry
- SVT Guideline Update
- Large Randomized Trial of Continuous versus Interrupted Chest Compressions in Out-of-hospital Cardiac Arrest: Results of the Resuscitation Outcomes Consortium CCC Trial
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 8
Opening Session - Part 1
In Part 1 of the #AHA15 Opening Session, American Heart Association CEO Nancy Brown welcomes Association president Dr. Mark Creager, who discusses a new monograph published this week, “Improving Vascular Disease Prevention, Detection and Treatment: A Vascular Disease Thought Leaders Summit Report.”
Opening Session - Part 2
In Part 2 of the #AHA15 Opening Session, Dr. Mark Creager, president of the American Heart Association, introduces this year's prize and award winners. Dr. Frank Sellke, chairman of the Committee for Scientific Sessions programming, also explains what is new at the 2015 conference.
Opening Session - Part 3
Part 3 of the #AHA15 Opening Session features Dr. Andrew Conrad of Google Life Sciences, who explains a new collaboration with the American Heart Association. Each entity will invest $25 million over roughly five years to create a $50 million research collaboration.
Vascular Disease Thought Leaders’ Summit:
- Read the monograph: Improving Vascular Disease Prevention, Detection and Treatment (PDF)
- Read article in Sessions Daily News
- A New Therapeutic Strategy for Refractory Cardiac Arrest Including Prehospital Ecmo: A Comparison Study
- Video-only Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Education for Families Before Hospital Discharge: A Multicenter Pragmatic Clinical Trial
- Long-term Outcomes in Elderly Survivors of Myocardial Infarction with and without Out-of-hospital Cardiac Arrest
- Sustained Ventricular Fibrillation During CPR as the Strongest Predictor for the Favorable Neurological Outcomes in Out-of-hospital Cardiac Arrest Patients; The Multicenter Prospective Study of SAVE-J
- True Public Access Defibrillator Coverage is Overestimated
- Review of the State of HF
- A Randomized Trial of Liraglutide for High-Risk Heart Failure Patients with Reduced Ejection Fraction
- Nitrate's Effect on Activity Tolerance in Heart Failure with Preserved Ejection Fraction (NEAT-HFpEF)
- Oral sGC Stimulator Vericiguat in Patients with Worsening Chronic Heart Failure and Reduced Ejection Fraction - The SOluble guanylate Cyclase stimulatoR in heArT failurE patientS with REDUCED EF (SOCRATES-REDUCED) Study
- Remote Patient Management After Discharge of Hospitalized Heart Failure Patients: The Better Effectiveness After Transition - Heart Failure Study
- Chronic Oral Study of Myosin Activation to Increase Contractility in Heart Failure(COSMIC-HF): Final Results from a Double-blind, Randomized, Placebo-controlled, Multicenter Study