Physician Wellness in Academic Cardiovascular Medicine
Published: September 19, 2022
- Academic medicine as a practice model serves as a unique role in our society. Clinical care is an important part of the academic mission as well as the educational and research missions implicit in academic medicine.
- The American Heart Association believes that the well-being of clinicians, researchers and the entire health care workforce is paramount to achieving excellence in clinical care and academic pursuits.
- This scientific statement provides an overview of unique drivers of burnout in academic medicine and discuss system-level and personal interventions to support individual wellness in this model.
- Commentary: Fostering a Culture of Wellness: How To Care For Ourselves So We Can Care For Our Patients by Ersilia M. DeFilippis, MD
- Top Things to Know: Physician Wellness in Academic CV Medicine