Cardiovascular Risk Reduction in High-Risk Pediatric Patients
Published: February 25, 2019
- This update to the 2006 Scientific Statement on Cardiovascular Risk Reduction in High-Risk Pediatric Patients discusses presentations that make the young heart more vulnerable to accelerated arteriosclerosis and coronary artery abnormalities.
- It includes descriptions of traditional CVD risk factors during childhood, important high-risk medical conditions, and cardiac and vascular abnormalities.
- Considerations for clinical management regarding the assessment and risk reduction of pediatric populations at high risk for premature CVD are presented.
- Long-term Cardiovascular Toxicity in Children, Adolescents, and Young Adults Who Receive Cancer Therapy: Pathophysiology, Course, Monitoring, Management, Prevention, and Research Directions
- Sedentary Behaviors in Today’s Youth: Approaches to the Prevention and Management of Childhood Obesity
- Childhood and Adolescent Adversity and Cardiometabolic Outcomes
- Cardiovascular Disease Risk Factors in Youth With Diabetes Mellitus
- Update: Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring in Children and Adolescents
- Promotion of Physical Activity for Children and Adults With Congenital Heart Disease