To qualify for EPI|Lifestyle 2021 Scientific Sessions awards, you must meet the following deadlines:
- October 26, 2020 – Deadline to have an active AHA member account with the sponsoring Council.
- October 26, 2020, 11:59 p.m. CT – Deadline to submit your science to EPI|Lifestyle 2021 Scientific Sessions.
- October 18, 2020, 6 p.m. CT – Deadline to start a draft application for this award. You will have until October 26, 2020 at 6 p.m. CT to complete and submit the application.
This award encourages Trainees to pursue careers in Cardiovascular Research related to lifestyle and cardiometabolic health. The key topic areas include behavior, diabetes, lipids, nutrition, obesity, and physical activity. The Council on Lifestyle and Cardiometabolic Health is dedicated to honoring early career investigators and exposing them to AHA conferences and learning opportunities. This award will help defray travel costs for up to five trainees (pre-doctoral and post-doctoral) who present abstracts at the EPI|Lifestyle Scientific Sessions. Awardees will receive a cash prize of $1,000 and a certificate. Awardees will be formally recognized at the Council dinner during the spring meeting.
- The applicant must be the first/primary author of the abstract.
- The science must be related to the Lifestyle mission: The Council on Lifestyle and Cardiometabolic Health promotes the expansion and exchange of knowledge with the ultimate goal of improving cardiovascular health across the lifespan. Our council promotes basic, clinical, epidemiological, and translational science related to nutrition, lipids, obesity, diabetes, physical activity, and behavior change.
- The applicant must be a member of the AHA Lifestyle Council prior to Oct. 14, 2020 to qualify. You must be an AHA Professional Member to apply for this award.
- Candidates may be graduate students, postdoctoral fellows.
- The candidate must be the first author of the abstract.
- The work may not have been presented or published before the conference.
- Winners of this award will be ineligible for future competition.
- There are no citizenship restrictions for this award.
- Applicants may submit only one abstract for consideration for the award.
- Winners of this award are not eligible to receive cash compensation from another award during the EPI|Lifestyle Scientific Sessions.
How To Apply
- Submit an abstract by 11:59 p.m. CDT, October 14, 2020.
- Select the award during the abstract submission process.
- Upload your curriculum vitae as instructed during the submission process.