Applicants must submit abstracts to the EPI|Lifestyle 2022 Scientific Sessions, scheduled for March 1–4, 2022 in Chicago, Illinois.
The Abstract and Award Application Deadline is Oct. 13, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. (Central Time).
The purpose of the award is to recognize an outstanding abstract submitted by an investigator in the area of “Cardiovascular Health Equity”, including the areas of health behaviors, risk factors, and CVD clinical outcomes. One award will be given for a highly meritorious abstract submitted to the EPI|Lifestyle Scientific Sessions. Acceptable entries for consideration include broad categories of study design involving human subjects, including small metabolic studies, small clinical trials, and population-based studies. At the time of submission individuals will have the option to indicate that their abstract addresses issues related to cardiovascular health equity and would like to have it considered for the award. The awardee will receive a cash prize of $500 and a certificate. The awardee will be formally recognized at the Council dinner during the spring meeting.
- All applicants must be professional members of the American Heart Association (AHA). Learn more about AHA Professional Membership.
- Applicants may submit only one abstract for consideration for the award.
- The applicant must be the first and presenting author of the abstract.
- Abstract must be based on independent research by the applicant
- The work must not have been previously presented or published in any form.
- Winners are not eligible to reenter the competition in subsequent years.
- Winners of this award are not eligible to receive cash compensation from another award during the EPI|Lifestyle Scientific Sessions.
How to Apply
- Submit an abstract for the conference by Oct. 13, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. (Central Time) in the area of Cardiovascular Health Equity.
- Select the award during the abstract submission process.
- Upload your curriculum vitae as instructed during the submission process.