Braindate at #ISC23
ISC Sessions: February 8–10, 2023
Braindates Available: February 8–9, 2023
Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center | Dallas, Texas + Virtual
We're launching Braindate at #ISC23
As we come back together, we will offer you an exceptional crowdsource peer-to-peer learning experience focused on building new meaningful connections with your peers based on what you genuinely care about through a unique and engaging format.
We invite you to join us in this unique blended experience, learn new things, and spark meaningful conversations. It all starts with a Braindate.
The Braindate participants at Scientific Sessions raved about the experience, and we think you will too.
”Enjoyed attending the Braindate on crafting research questions as someone with no clinical training. This is a really convenient tool to connect with people who have similar interests.”
“Kind of small group discussion where everyone can actually provide insights and thoughts that you wouldn’t get in a larger group because of time limitations”
“Networking can often be nebulous, but this method allows for structured conversation”
“I was able to meet people I wouldn’t have otherwise”.
“Great, awesome fantastic!”
What Are Braindates?
- Connect with industry thought leaders.
- Identify future collaborators, mentors, or mentees.
- Solve problems with your industry peers.
- Discuss topics you most want to explore most.
- Build your community and professional network.
How to Get Started
- Log in to book your Braindates now! Come early to explore the posted topics, schedule your Braindates, and create your own.
- Once #ISC23 begins, you can enjoy your conversations in person at the Braindate Lounge on February 8–10, 2023, in Dallas or online during a virtual Braindate. Our Learning Concierges will be present to support you both onsite and online.
Here's how to access the Braindate platform:
- Log into Braindate(link opens in new window) to create your profile link directly from the AHA Conferences mobile app first page in the Braindate tab or via laptop through the virtual platform in the Connect section. You’ll be asked to make a simple profile with a few self-descriptors and your ideal Braindate.
- Explore the Topic Market: Post topics related to discussions you’d like to have with others during the event. Use the Search, Sort, and Filter options to help find topics you are interested in with space still available.
- Create Topics: Post topics about discussions you would like to explore. This is your opportunity to share your knowledge, experiences, and expertise.
- Book a Braindate: Send invitations to meet others to discuss their topics, and accept the invitations you receive. You can choose a one-on-one or small group conversation (up to six people).
- Time to Meet Up: Once confirmed, your Braindate will take place in the Braindate Lounge in Dallas or online for Virtual Braindates during show hours to join a 30-minute one-on-one or small 45-minute group session that interests you.
How do I host a meaningful Braindate?
Braindates are not presentations; they are conversations that stem from a shared interest.
Whether it’s a one-on-one or group Braindate, keep the following five tips in mind to lead a meaningful Braindate for everyone involved:
- Make sure everyone introduces themselves and contributes to the discussion.
- Ask the participant(s) what interested them about the topic.
- Be transparent and honest about your experience related to the topic: You don’t need to be an expert to lead a Braindate.
- Adopt a beginner’s mindset. Everyone has something interesting to add to the conversation.
- Share your contact information. Great relationships start with a simple conversation.
Need advice on how to create a compelling Braindate topic or finding topics that are relevant to you? How to use the Braindate platform?
We can help. At ISC23, Learning Concierges (real humans!) will be on call to support you. Connect with one of them via the platform or on-site in the Braindate Lounge onsite.