2024 Congenital Heart Defect Funding Opportunities
A multi-year commitment between the AHA and Children’s Heart Foundation (CHF) jointly supports Predoctoral Fellowship or Postdoctoral Fellowship investigators actively conducting basic, clinical, population, or translational congenital heart defects research.
About the AHA/CHF Research Awards
The Children’s Heart Foundation (CHF) joined with the American Heart Association (AHA) to establish AHA/CHF Congenital Heart Defect Research Awards with jointly-funded support for pre- and postdoctoral fellows actively conducting research directly related to advancing the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of CHDs.
AHA/CHF Congenital Heart Defect Research Award Recipients
- First Round Award Recipients and Key Facts (PDF)
- Second Round Award Recipients and Key Facts (PDF)
- Third Round of CHD Research Awards Announced (PDF)
- Fourth Round of CHD Research Awards (PDF)
- Fifth Round of CHD Research Award recipients announced
- June 2019 - Congenital heart defect research awardees announced, request for applications for additional funding opens
- February 2020 - AHA and CHF continue to invest in congenital heart defect research with $1.3M in new grants
- February 2021 - Eight research projects totaling $900K funded to focus on congenital heart defects
- AHA and Children’s Heart Foundation proudly announce the ninth round of Congenital Heart Defect Research Awards
About The Children’s Heart Foundation
The Children’s Heart Foundation (CHF) is the country’s leading national organization solely dedicated to funding congenital heart defect (CHD) research. The mission of The Children’s Heart Foundation is to fund the most promising research to advance the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of congenital heart defects. Since its inception, CHF has funded millions of dollars of CHD research across the U.S. and Canada. For more information, visit www.childrensheartfoundation.org.