The American Heart Association reserves the right to make exceptions to the EPI|Lifestyle Scientific Sessions terms and conditions as outlined below. Submission of your registration and payment constitutes an agreement on your part to accept the following terms and conditions.
- An EPI|Lifestyle Scientific Sessions 2022 registrant must be an active member of American Heart Association at the time of registration to qualify for the discounted member registration rates.
- American Heart Association will not reimburse the difference between the member and non-member registration rates to any attendee who registers before becoming a member.
- For membership status questions or Professional Heart Daily account questions contact:For membership status questions or Professional Heart Daily account questions contact:
American Heart Association
The American Heart Association welcomes our international attendees to the EPI/Lifestyle Scientific Sessions.
Consulate and Embassy Information
Find U.S. consulates and embassies in your country.
Important Visa Information for International Registrants
Begin your visa application process as soon as possible. Consulates in some countries take several months to process applications.
Invitation letters will be available only after your registration has been confirmed. You can submit this letter with your visa application to verify the name, dates, location, and purpose of the EPI/Lifestyle Scientific Sessions 2022.
Attendance Verification Documentation
There are two types of verification generated through the registration process:
- Official Letter of Invitation for Meeting Attendees: This letter will be generated only after your registration has been confirmed. You can submit this letter with your visa application to verify the name, dates, location, and purpose of the EPI/Lifestyle Scientific Sessions 2022.
- Registration Confirmation: Once you have registered for the meeting, you will receive an e-mail confirmation that you can refer to during your visa interview.
Cancelations and Refunds
- Cancelations must be received by CDS in writing by Friday, February 18, 2022, midnight ET to receive a refund less $75 processing fee. Cancellation requests received after Friday, February 18, 2022, midnight ET will not be refunded.
- Ticketed events are non-refundable.
- No refunds will be issued until 7–15 days post event.
- Refund requests must be sent in writing to EPIL@xpressreg.net. Telephone requests are not accepted.
- Refunds will not be processed for individuals that registered for the event but did not attend.
- Donations to American Heart Association are non-refundable.
- American Heart Association is not liable for travel carrier cancellations or other unforeseen incidents beyond American Heart Association or the registrant's control. All attendees are encouraged to purchase travel insurance.
Substitutions are allowed but the registration type will not change. Substitutions are only allowed for equal type registrations (i.e., Nurse to Nurse, Member to Member, Nonmember to Nonmember). A $25 fee will apply per substitution.
Methods of Registration
All registrations must be completed through the online system; paper forms will not be accepted.
Forms of Payment
Checks and major credit cards (Visa, Discover, MasterCard and American Express) are acceptable forms of payment for American Heart Association events. Cash will not be accepted.
Badges and Identification
Badges will be printed onsite. Badges are not mailed prior to the event. If you misplace your badge onsite, a new badge must be purchased at the replacement cost of $25. In-Person attendees are required to wear their badges when attempting to access any official event space.
Photography and Video
Unauthorized recording of AHA scientific conferences are prohibited, whether by video, still or digital photography, audio or any other recording or reproduction mechanism. This includes recording of presentations and supporting audiovisual materials, poster presentations and supporting poster materials. The American Heart Association reserves the rights to all recordings or reproductions of presentations at AHA scientific conferences and meetings. Check the program for information about the availability of videotapes or audiotapes for purchase. Exceptions to this policy prohibition are:
- Audiotape recording for strictly personal and non-commercial use is permitted if not disruptive; and exhibitors may photograph their own booth for promotional purposes upon prior written consent of the AHA.
American Heart Association reserves the right to capture and broadcast digital media content in the form of professional photographs, live-streaming, audio, and video during the event. By registering, you hereby grant permission to American Heart Association and its representatives to photograph and/or record you during the in-person and virtual events at EPI|Lifestyle Scientific Sessions 2022, and to distribute, broadcast, use, or otherwise globally disseminate, in perpetuity, such media without any further approval or payment. If you do not wish for your image to be displayed by the AHA, please contact the AHA in writing at 7272 Greenville Avenue, Dallas, TX 75231, Att: Meetings and Events Department, no later than two weeks after the meeting.
Access to Educational Sessions
American Heart Association educational programming is available on a first come, first served basis. AHA recommends arriving early to all scheduled conference sessions to guarantee entrance to the room(s).
In addition to our use of your information as described in AHA's Privacy Statement, you acknowledge that we will share your first name, last name, and other publicly available information with other event attendees in our event attendee search directory and event networking platform, which is part of your event registration. For questions or concerns please email email@example.com or call 1-800-242-8721.
AHA/ASA Harassment Policy
The AHA requires that all faculty, attendees, exhibitors, presenters, contractors, vendors, and volunteers of this AHA/ASA meeting comply with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations, including those that prohibit harassment and discrimination against individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.