Council on Cardiovascular and Stroke Nursing (CVSN)
Message from the Chair
Welcome to the Council on Cardiovascular and Stroke Nursing (CVSN) of the American Heart Association (AHA). It is an honor and privilege to serve as Chair and remain committed to advocating for nursing and cardiovascular and stroke conditions across the lifespan. We remain focused on serving as a scientific home for nursing and providing resources for professional development at all stages and career paths.
Nancy Pike, PhD, CPNP-AC/PC, FNP-BC, FAHA, FAAN
Chair, Council on Cardiovascular and Stroke Nursing (CVSN)
The CVSN Council actively participates in the publication of scientific statements or guidelines that are important to our members. We've included those along with articles or research that cover topics of interest to our members below.
CVSN Educational Fund
Contribute to the CVSN Council's future success through a donation to the CVSN Educational Fund to fund educational programs and activities such as travel grants awards and support for early-career members.
- American Stroke Association - Visit the American Stroke Association website to find out more about stroke and stroke prevention.
- Joint Membership with World Stroke Association (WSO)
- Get With The Guidelines-Stroke
- Stroke Minority - To take an active role to advocate minority issues related to the Council's involvement.
- ASA Patient Support Group Lesson Modules
- Stroke Advocacy & Legislation - You're the Cure grassroots are helping in the fight for public policies to improve the treatment of stroke.
Current AHA Research Grant and Funding Opportunities
Grant and funding opportunities are posted throughout the year. Check out a complete listing of current RFPs and apply to fund your research today.
Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing
One of the leading journals for advanced practice nurses in cardiovascular care.
NIH Stroke Scale
CME/CE certified, for healthcare professionals on how to administer the NIH Stroke Scale, a critical component of acute stroke assessment.
American Heart Association Professional Members
Enjoy instant benefits!
- Free Online Access to AHA Scientific Journals
- Affiliate with our 16 Scientific Councils
- Discounts on Scientific Conference Registration and Online Courses