Council on Cardiovascular and Stroke Nursing (CVSN)
Message from the Chair
Welcome to the website of the Council on Cardiovascular and Stroke Nursing (CVSN). It is an honor and privilege to serve as Chair of the Council on Cardiovascular and Stroke Nursing (CVSN). I am looking forward to working with all of you to build upon what previous leaders have accomplished.
Terrie Black, DNP, MBA, CRRN, FAHA, FAAN
Chair, Council on Cardiovascular and Stroke Nursing
Scientific Sessions 2023Pre-Sessions Symposia & Early Career Day: November 10, 2023
Scientific Sessions: November 11–13, 2023
Pennsylvania Convention Center | Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
CVSN Educational Fund
Contribute to the CVSN Council's future success through a donation to the CVSN Educational Fund to fund educational programs and activities such as travel grants awards and support for early-career members.
Non-ST-Elevation Acute Coronary Syndromes eBook: An Enhanced Overview of the AHA/ACC 2014 Guidelines
This e-book is designed to enhance the NSTE-ACS Guidelines, and explain the evidence behind the ACS guidelines. The interactive, engaging manner, and flow of this eBook aid in the assimilation of information, further facilitating improved quality of care provided to your patients.
Vascular Cognitive Impairment
This online course provides the most current and comprehensive scope of knowledge in the early assessment and management of vascular cognitive impairment. The presentations from experts in the field will challenge and expand on contemporary patient care across the age continuum.
International Stroke Conference 2024February 7–9, 2024
- American Stroke Association - Visit the American Stroke Association website to find out more about stroke and stroke prevention.
- Joint Membership with World Stroke Association (WSO)
- Get With The Guidelines-Stroke
- Stroke Minority - To take an active role to advocate minority issues related to the Council's involvement.
- ASA Patient Support Group Lesson Modules
- Stroke Advocacy & Legislation - You're the Cure grassroots are helping in the fight for public policies to improve the treatment of stroke.
The method for applying for funding is Web-based, using our electronic system, ProposalCentral.
Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing
One of the leading journals for advanced practice nurses in cardiovascular care.
NIH Stroke Scale
CME/CE certified, for healthcare professionals on how to administer the NIH Stroke Scale, a critical component of acute stroke assessment.
American Heart Association Professional Members
Enjoy instant benefits!
- Free Online Access to AHA Scientific Journals
- Affiliate with our 16 Scientific Councils
- Discounts on Scientific Conference Registration and Online Courses