KCVD Mid-Career Achievement Award
Sponsored by the Council on the Kidney in Cardiovascular Disease
To qualify for this Hypertension Scientific Sessions award, sponsored by the Council on the Kidney in Cardiovascular Disease, you must meet the following deadlines:
- May 31, 2023 – Deadline to have an active AHA membership with the Council on the Kidney in Cardiovascular Disease.
- June 7, 2023, 6 p.m. CDT – Deadline to apply for awards requiring submission in the Council Awards Application System.
The KCVD Mid-Career Achievement Award recognizes a mid-career investigator active in basic, clinical, translational or population cardiovascular research for specific career endeavors and achievements who made a significant impact on the field of cardiovascular disease as it relates to kidney failure. The award also may honor those who have helped further the mission of the KCVD Council and the AHA. Candidates include PhDs and or MDs who are still within 5-20 years after their first faculty appointment as of the award application date.
The KCVD Mid-Career Achievement Award is awarded annually at the AHA Hypertension Scientific Sessions.
- 2022 James McCormick, PhD, FAHA
How to Make a Nomination/Required Documents
Electronic submission through the Council Awards Application System is required. Hard copies of any part of the nomination cannot be accepted. Please follow instructions for ProposalCentral, the new Council Awards platform.
Apply Now for the Hypertension Scientific Sessions Mid-Career Achievement Awards and Lectures and select the Hypertension Mid-Career Achievement Award from the award drop down list.
The nomination file (submitted on the nominee’s behalf) should contain the following documents in PDF format:
- A full Curriculum vitae, including all publications (abstracts not necessary)
- A signed letter of nomination from the sponsor and one supporting letter. The letters should outline why the candidate is worthy of recognition. This may include the candidate’s accomplishments in the field of cardiovascular disease as it relates to kidney failure, his or her volunteer activities with the AHA (affiliate and/or national level), teaching and mentoring activities, or a combination of these.
Please note: Members of the Council on Kidney on Cardiovascular Disease Awards Committee are not eligible to write letters of support.
The award will be presented at the Hypertension Scientific Sessions.
The honoree will receive:
- $1,000 honorarium
- Complimentary registration to the Hypertension Scientific Sessions
- One complimentary ticket to the Council Dinner
- Engraved plaque
- Round-trip coach airfare at the 21-day advance purchase rate to and from the awardee’s home airport to the conference
- Hotel reimbursement (room + tax) for one night at the conference rate
- Ground transportation to and from the awardee’s home airport to the conference
- Meal reimbursement up to $70 (alcohol excluded)
- For rules and regulations for submitting abstracts to the Hypertension Scientific Sessions, visit 2023 Abstract Submission Guidelines (PDF)
- Join or renew as an AHA Professional Member
- Submit your application at Council Awards Application System
- Instructions for ProposalCentral, the new Council Awards platform
- Council Awards: [email protected]
- Member Services: [email protected]
- Password/Login: [email protected]
- Abstract Submission: [email protected]
AHA Professional Members are Difference Makers
Hypertension Scientific Sessions
September 7-10, 2023
Sheraton Boston Hotel | Boston, Massachusetts
Want to get involved?
The American Heart Association depends on the time and talent of volunteers to help us create a healthier world, free of heart disease and stroke.