The AHA scientific councils' awards acknowledge significant achievements in cardiovascular diseases and stroke, ranging from basic research to service to the councils and the association. These awards recognize the achievements of researchers, scientists, clinicians, nurses and allied health professionals throughout their careers. They also provide opportunities for financial rewards, special presentations and funding to attend Scientific Sessions and other AHA scientific meetings.
The Council on Genomic and Precision Medicine (GPM) proudly sponsors an early career investigator award, Scientific Sessions travel grants and a medical student scholarship. Please click on an award link for more information, criteria and application instructions.
Awards associated with the AHA Scientific Sessions
- GPM Distinguished Achievement Award
- GPM Early Career Investigator Award
- GPM Abstract Travel Grant
- GPM International Travel Grant
- GPM Underrepresented Racial and Ethnic Groups Travel Grant
- GPM Travel Grants for Early Career Investigators
- GPM Mentoring Award
- GPM Medal of Honor