To qualify for EPI|Lifestyle 2021 Scientific Sessions awards, you must meet the following deadlines:
The Epidemiology and Prevention Mentoring Award highlights the importance of superior mentoring in cardiovascular epidemiologic research by honoring a person who has provided exceptional individual and institutional mentoring and advocacy for cardiovascular epidemiology researchers. The awardee will be honored at the EPI|Lifestyle Scientific Sessions.
Each nominee will be considered based on his or her history of mentoring epidemiology researchers as well as his or her overall record towards the professional development of mentees. It is strongly encouraged that the nominee be an active AHA Professional Partner but not mandatory for nomination.
How to Nominate
Electronic submission of award application through the Council Awards Application System is required. Hard copies of any part of the nomination will not be accepted.
Candidates will be scored based on their nomination letters and mentoring history. Nominations should include the following materials in PDF format:
- A letter of nomination specifically addressing the candidate’s contributions in mentoring in cardiovascular epidemiology. Provision of the names of individuals mentored by the nominee is required, including their current positions. Up to two additional supporting letters are recommended but not required.
- Nominee’s curriculum vitae
Visit the Council Awards & Fellowships Application System to submit a nomination.
A username and password set up through online registration at Professional Heart Daily will be necessary to access the Application System. If you have not created an online profile yet, you may register as you enter the Application System by clicking "Sign Up" next to the Log In button on the sign-in page. AHA Professional Partners who are creating an online profile should register using their AHA partner identification numbers.
The award will be presented at the Council Dinner at the annual EPI|Lifestyle Scientific Sessions. The winner will receive:
- Complimentary registration to the conference
- Hotel accommodations for one night
- Engraved plaque
- Complimentary council dinner ticket and presentation of a plaque at the dinner
- 2020 Russell V. Luepker, MD, MS, FAHA
- 2019 Thomas A. Pearson, MD, PhD, MPH
- 2018 Lori Mosca, MD, PhD, MPH, FAHA
- 2017 David R. Jacobs, PhD
- 2016 Philip Greenland, MD
- 2015 Gerardo Heiss, MD
- 2014 A. Richey Sharrett, MD
- 2013 Elizabeth Barrett-Connor, MD
- 2012 Vasan S. Ramachandran, MD, DM, FACC, FAHA
- 2011 No award given
- 2010 Josef Coresh, MD, PhD, FAHA
- 2009 Aaron Folson, MD, FAHA
Epidemiology and Prevention | Lifestyle and Cardiometabolic Health Scientific Sessions @Model.Item.RenderHeadingSizeTag("h2")>
March 2–5, 2021
American Heart Association Professional Partners @Model.Item.RenderHeadingSizeTag("h2")>
Renew or join as a professional partner today to make a difference.