Continuing Education - BCVS Scientific Sessions 2023
Joint Accreditation Statement
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by the American Heart Association. The American Heart Association is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
AMA Credit Designation Statement – Physicians
The American Heart Association designates this live activity for a maximum of 20.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AAPA Credit Acceptance Statement – Physician Assistants
AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME or a recognized state medical society. Physician assistants may receive a maximum of 20.0 hours of Category I credit for completing this program.
AANP Credit Acceptance Statement – Nurse Practitioners
American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) accepts AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM from organizations accredited by the ACCME.
**AMA Credit must be claimed within 6 months of attendance. Credit will no longer be available to claim after February 3, 2024.
All persons in a position to control educational content of a CE activity provided by the American Heart Association must disclose to the audience all financial relationships with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. The presence or absence of all financial relationships will be disclosed to the audience in activity materials. All unlabeled/unapproved uses of drugs or devices discussed will also be disclosed to the audience. All relevant financial relationships have been mitigated prior to the commencement of the activity.
Instructions for Claiming #BCVS23 CE Credits
Instructions for Claiming CME/CE Credits
- Login to your account:
- Select the activity:
- Select the Basic Cardiovascular Sciences 2023 Scientific Sessions Activity.
- Review the Activity Overview, scroll to the bottom and click Continue.
- View the contents of Activity Materials as needed and click Continue.
- Claim Credit:
- Complete an evaluation of the conference. This step is required to claim credit. Once complete, click Submit and Continue.
- Claim your credit by clicking the Claim button for the appropriate accreditation.
- ACCME allows claiming of variable credit. You will be given the option to claim all or part of the activity credit if applicable to your user profile. Select the credit amount, commensurate with your participation, prior to clicking the Claim button.
- Click Continue to generate your certificate.
- Move your cursor into the preview window to display the links to print or save the certificate.
- Click Finish. The activity is stored under Transcript.
You are strongly encouraged to claim your CME/CE credit within 30 days of the conference. CME/CE credit expires:
ACCME - Credit expires six months after the event date