PVD Travel Grants for Early Career Investigators
Sponsored by the Council on Peripheral Vascular Disease
The PVD Travel Grants for Early Career Investigators encourage and support the efforts of early career investigators in cardiovascular research and encourage participation in PVD and AHA activities by providing travel funds to attend the Vascular Discovery: From Genes to Medicine Scientific Sessions, present research in oral or poster format, and engage in discussion with senior investigators.
- Applicants must be partners of the Council on Peripheral Vascular Disease (partner account number is required to complete award application).
- Be working in any area of research concerned with peripheral vascular disease.
- Be in training as an undergraduate or predoctoral student, or a fellow who has completed training only within the last four years, or a PhD/MD in the first four years after faculty appointment.
- Be accepted for oral or poster presentation at Vascular Discovery.
- Applicants may apply for a travel award multiple times with different abstracts, as long as the applicant is the presenting author on each abstract. However, an applicant is eligible to receive only one award, even if multiple abstracts are accepted.
- Only one candidate per mentor will be given an award.
- The applicant's mentor must endorse the application in a supporting statement.
- The work covered by the abstract must not have been published at the time of abstract submission or presented at a national meeting or world congress before the conference. The abstract must comply with the AHA Abstract Submission Guidelines as outlined by the Vascular Discovery Program Committee.
- Winners are not eligible to reenter the competition in subsequent years.
- Be present at the Vascular Discovery Scientific Sessions to qualify for this award.
- There are no citizenship requirements.
Several awards ($1,000 each) for conference travel will be made to new investigators in training, i.e., graduate students and postdoctoral fellows.
All abstracts submitted for this award will be evaluated for scientific merit by a review committee.
How to Apply
The applicant must:
- Submit an original abstract to the Vascular Discovery: From Genes to Medicine Scientific Sessions. The abstract must be in accordance with the rules and regulations for submitting abstracts and must have been submitted by the abstract submission deadline.
- Select the ATVB Travel Award during the abstract submission process.
- The following must be submitted by uploading into the abstract submission system (at the “Award Application Materials Upload” step):
- A letter of certification of trainee status.
- A letter from the applicant's mentor endorsing the application in a supporting statement.
- A complete curriculum vitae, including bibliography, and clear documentation that the candidate is in training as an undergraduate or predoctoral student, or a fellow who has completed training only within the last four years, or a PhD/MD in the first four years after faculty appointment at the time of the award application date.
Applications are closed and will reopen in November 2020
Please contact: Julie Green