To qualify for this Hypertension Scientific Sessions award you must meet the following deadlines:
- June 20, 2021 – Deadline to have an active AHA membership with this Council.
- June 23, 2021, 6 p.m. CDT – Deadline to submit your science to Hypertension Scientific Sessions 2021 and to apply for this award.
The American Foundation of Hypertension Research and Education (AFHRE) is sponsoring this award to the American Heart Association’s Hypertension 2021 Scientific Sessions sponsored by the Council on Hypertension and Council on Kidney in Cardiovascular Disease to support minority early career investigators and students. Increased minority participation at AHA scientific conferences is vital to address hypertension and kidney related health disparities.
Applications will be judged primarily based on the scientific ranking of the candidate's abstract. Only abstracts selected for presentation at the Hypertension Scientific Sessions 2021 will be eligible for consideration for this award.
How to Apply/Required Documents
Submit a scientific abstract to the Hypertension Scientific Sessions as well as all supporting award documentation via the conference's abstract submission site by the deadline.
The following items must be submitted for consideration for this award:
- A brief letter of recommendation by a mentor, section chief or department chair verifying the candidates eligibility including verification that he or she is part of a minority group as defined by the NIH and identification of the candidate's specific minority status.
- Curriculum vitae, including biography.
AHA membership at any level is required by the candidate by the time the award materials are submitted.
All abstracts and application materials must be received through the Hypertension Scientific Sessions abstract submitter. Visit Hypertension 2021 Scientific Sessions for submission info.
- Awardees will be notified at the time of abstract acceptance notices. AFHRE will award complimentary conference registration to those selected, as well as an opportunity for the top awardee to present in an oral session.
- Awardees must be the presenting author and attend the meeting to receive the award.
AHA Conference Manager