This lecture was established in 1990 by the Council on Epidemiology (now the Council on Epidemiology and Prevention) to honor Dr. Ancel Keys. A founding member of the council, Dr. Keys has had a long and distinguished scientific career in the study of cardiovascular diseases, their correlates, causes, and prevention in the United States and abroad.
George A. Mensah, MD, FAHA
- 2019 Aaron R. Folsom MD, MPH, FAHA
- 2018 Frank B. Hu, MD, PhD, MPH, FAHA
"Personalized Nutrition vs. Public Health Nutrition in Cardiometabolic Disease Prevention"
- 2017 Kirsten Bibbins-Domingo, MD, PhD, MAS
"Prevention in the Era of Precision Medicine"
- 2016 Ana V. Diez Roux, MD, PhD, MPH
"Rediscovering The Role Of The Environment In Cardiovascular Health And Health Disparities: Implications For Research And Policy"
- 2015 Gregory L. Burke, MD, FACR, FSIR, FAHA
"Embracing Future Opportunities in Population Research"
- 2014 Joann E. Manson MD, MPH, DrPH, FAHA
"Controversies in Primary Prevention: Aspirin, Estrogen, and Vitamin D Supplementation"
- 2013 Michael Criqui, MD, MPH
"The Importance of Non-Coronary Atherosclerosis"
- 2012 George Howard, PhD
"Adventures (And Misadventures) on the Road to Understand (And Reduce) Disparities in Stroke Mortality"
- 2011 Barbara Howard, PhD, FAHA
"Determinants of Cardiovascular Disease in the 21st Century- -Insights from Two Diverse Populations"
- 2010 Philip Greenland, MD, FAHA
"Whither Cardiovascular Disease Risk Prediction"
- 2009 Bruce Psaty, MD, PhD, MPH, FAHA
"Drug Therapies for the Prevention of CVD Events: Trials and Errors"
- 2008 Michael Lauer, MD, FAHA
"Screening for Coronary Artery Disease: Is It Too Soon to Think Clinically?"
- 2007 Salim Yusuf, MBBS, DPhil, FRCP, FRCPC, FACC
"Towards a Global Solution for CVD--Can We Prevent the Majority of Premature CVD in the Next 25 Years?"
- 2006 Walter Willett, MD, DrPH
"Diet and Heart Disease: The Seven Countries and Beyond"
- 2005 Eric Boerwinkle, MD
"Genetics as a Bridge between the Basic and Clinical Sciences"
- 2004 Darwin Labarthe, MD, MPH, PhD, FAHA
"Epidemiologic Transitions: Variations on a Theme by Abdel Orman"
- 2003 Stephen B. Hulley, MD
"The Cardia Study: Greatest Hits (So Far)"
- 2002 Curt D. Furberg, MD, FAHA
"Translating Research into Practice"
- 2001 Russell Luepker, MD, FAHA
"The Challenge of out-of-Hospital Sudden Cardiac Death"
- 2000 Jack Farquhar, MD
"The Coming International Crisis in Cardiovascular Disease"
- 1999 Lewis H. Kuller, MD, DrPH
"Hormones, Women's Health, Cardiovascular Disease, Breast Cancer, Osteoporosis, and Dementia"
- 1998 Millicent Higgins, MD, PhD
"Epidemiology and Prevention of Heart Disease in Families"
- 1997 Ralph S. Paffenbarger, Jr.
"Physical Activity as Protection Against Cardiovascular and All-Caused Mortality"
- 1996 Herman Alfred Tyroler
"Cardiovascular Diseases, Race and Social Factors; Studies in the Southeastern U.S.,1960-1990"
- 1995 Elizabeth Barrett-Connor
"The Gender Gap in CV Disease: Methodologic Issues"
- 1994 William B. Kannel
"Clinical Misconceptions Dispelled by Epidemiologic Research"
- 1993 Frederick H. Epstein
"CV Disease Epidemiology - A Journey From the Past to the Future"
- 1992 Jeremiah Stamler
"Nutritional Research: Doing the Right Thing"
- 1991 Henry W. Blackburn
"Whence and Whiter"
- 1990 Geoffrey Rose
"Individuals and Populations in Preventive Cardiology"
American Heart Association Professional Partners @Model.Item.RenderHeadingSizeTag("h2")>
Renew or join as a professional partner today to make a difference.
Scientific Sessions 2020 @Model.Item.RenderHeadingSizeTag("h2")>
Nov. 13-17, 2020
Join us for a Virtual Experience