2020 Special Circumstances for COVID-19*
Due to COVID-19, the American Heart Association is revising its abstract policy to accommodate participants.
- Abstract presenters affected by COVID-19 can continue to participate in the physical poster presentation, ePosters (can include audio/video options for presentation) and publication if they are unable to travel to the meeting.
- Abstract refunds will be considered for the following reasons if the individuals does not intend on participating in virtual, ePoster or publication. Must be received via email prior to the published withdraw date.
- For individuals who are unable to travel due to government travel bans. For example, countries banned from entering the US or banned by their country from traveling abroad.
- Full refunds for individuals affected by a natural disaster.
- Full refunds for individuals that have a death in their immediate family, medical diagnosis resulting in the inability to travel, or visa not issued.
*In effect through June 30, 2020.
Abstract submission is now open through Monday, January 27, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. CT! Submit your science to one of the following categories. Download the List of 2020 Categories (PDF).
- Aortic Aneurysm Disease
- Apolipoproteins and Lipid Metabolism
- Blood Coagulation, Platelet Function and Antithrombotic Therapy
- Cardiovascular Precision Medicine
- Functional Genomics and Epigenetics in Vascular Disease
- Immune Mechanisms of Atherosclerosis
- Immunity and Inflammation in Vascular Biology
- Metabolic Disorders and Atherosclerosis
- Molecular and Cellular Mechanisms of Atherosclerosis
- Molecular, Developmental and Cellular Biology of Vessel Wall
- Peripheral Artery Disease, Carotid Artery Disease and Stroke
- Population Science and Genetics in Vascular Discovery
- Sex Differences in Cardiovascular Disease
- Therapeutic Targets in Atherosclerosis
- Venous Thromboembolism and Lymphatic Disease
Awards offered by the Council on Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology (ATVB)
- Kenneth M. Brinkhous Early Career Investigator Prize in Thrombosis
- Irvine H. Page Junior Faculty Research Award
- Junior Investigator Award for Women
- ATVB Diversity Outreach Travel Awards
- ATVB Travel Awards for Early Career Investigators
- Jeffrey M. Hoeg Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology Award for Basic Science and Clinical Research
- ATVB Diversity and Inclusion Leadership Recognition Award