The 2017 Hypertension Clinical Practice Guidelines changed the way high blood pressure is evaluated and managed. In this perspectives article series, the Journal shares global reactions to the recommendations and their applicability worldwide.
- Impact of the Discordance Between the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association and American Diabetes Association Recommendations on Hypertension in Patients With Diabetes Mellitus in the United States
Doosup Shin, Chandrashekar Bohra, Kullatham Kongpakpaisarn
- Are the American Heart Association/American College of Cardiology High Blood Pressure Guidelines Fit for Global Purpose?: Thoughts From the International Society of Hypertension
Neil R. Poulter, Rafael Castillo, Fadi J. Charchar, Markus P. Schlaich, Aletta E. Schutte, Maciej Tomaszewski, Rhian M. Touyz, Ji-Guang Wang
- Hypertension Editors Welcome Comments From Regional Hypertension Societies
Anna F. Dominiczak, Rhian M. Touyz
- Blood Pressure Measurement and Hypertension Diagnosis in the 2017 US Guidelines: First Things First
George Stergiou, Paolo Palatini, Roland Asmar, Alejandro De La Sierra, Martin Myers, Andrew Shennan, Jiguang Wang, Eoin O'Brien, Gianfranco Parati
- Treatment Thresholds and Targets in Hypertension: Different Readings of the Same Evidence?
Konstantinos Tsioufis, Costas Thomopoulos, Reinhold Kreutz
- Hypertension Guidelines in the United States and Canada: Are We Getting Closer?
Stella S. Daskalopoulou, Doreen M. Rabi, Ernesto L. Schiffrin, Ross D. Feldman, Raj S. Padwal, Guy Tremblay, Nadia A. Khan; on behalf of Hypertension Canada
- Blood Pressure Down Under, but Down Under What?: US and Australian Hypertension Guideline Conversation
Erin Hoare, Bronwyn Kingwell, Garry L. R. Jennings
- Blood Pressure Management: Beyond the Guidelines
- Could 130/80 mmHg Be Adopted as the Diagnostic Threshold and Management Goal of Hypertension in Consideration of the Characteristics of Asian Populations?
Kazuomi Kario, JiGuang Wang
- Global Implications of Blood Pressure Thresholds and Targets: Guideline Conversations From the World Hypertension League
Daniel Lackland, Lawrence Beilin, Norm Campbell, Marc Jaffe, Marcelo Orias, Venkata Ram, Michael Weber, Xin-Hua Zhang
- Absolute Risk-Based Treatment Using Adaptive Blood Pressure Thresholds and Targets Is Crucial to Older Multimorbid Patients With High Fall Risk
Vernon Min Sen Oh
More from Hypertension
Watch Hypertension Clinical-Pathological Conference Case Videos
Attend our Clinical-Pathological Conferences live, in person at the European Society of Hypertension Annual Meeting, the AHA's Hypertension Scientific Sessions, and the International Society of Hypertension Scientific Meeting! New cases presented at each event.