AHA scientific council awards acknowledge significant achievements in cardiovascular diseases and stroke, ranging from basic research to service to the councils and the association. These awards applaud the achievements of researchers, scientists, clinicians, nurses and allied health professionals throughout their careers and provide opportunities for financial rewards and special presentations at AHA Conferences.
The Council on Clinical Cardiology (CLCD) proudly sponsors numerous awards associated with Scientific Sessions and invites its members to apply or nominate. Please click on the links below for eligibility criteria and application or nomination information for each award.
Career Achievement Awards
- James B. Herrick Award
- Laennec Master Clinician Award
- Women in Cardiology Mentoring Award
- CLCD Distinguished Achievement Award
Lecture Presented at AHA Scientific Sessions
Early Career Investigator Awards and Travel Grants to the AHA Scientific Sessions
- Clinical Cardiology Minority Travel Grant
- Laennec Society Young Clinician Award
- Samuel A. Levine Young Clinical Investigator Award