Sponsored by the Council for Kidney in Cardiovascular Disease (KCVD)
Young investigator members of the Council for Kidney in Cardiovascular Disease (KCVD) are invited to participate in the Hypertension Scientific Sessions. The KCVD New Investigator Travel Award will be presented to up to 10 outstanding new investigators who have abstracts selected for presentation at the conference. Each will receive up to a $1,000 travel grant to help defray expenses to travel to the meeting to present their research.
- All applicants for travel grants sponsored by a scientific council must be members of the AHA at any level at the time of application. If you need to become an AHA/ASA Professional Member, you should do so before submitting your abstract and award application materials. Join or renew today!
- Applicants must be early career investigators active in hypertension and/or kidney research. Early career investigators include those currently in training as a postdoctoral fellow or those that have completed training only within the last four years. Those with a faculty appointment no higher than assistant professor are also eligible to apply as long as the applicant is still within the first four years of the faculty appointment as of the application date.
- During the abstract submission process, applicants must submit the required award documentation and select the award for which they are applying.
- The applicant must be the first/primary author of the abstract.
- Abstracts eligible for this award must be based upon projects that adhere to the American Heart Association’s policies governing all research awards, regardless of whether the project was funded by the American Heart Association. These policies include (but are not limited to) research using human subjects or animals and stem cell research.
- Notwithstanding the above, the AHA Officers have the discretion to determine eligibility for the award in extraordinary circumstances when there is an issue relating to AHA policy or positions or other potentially controversial issue relating to the positioning or perception of the AHA.
- Winners are not eligible to re-enter the competition in subsequent years.
- Winners may only one type of travel grant or award per conference during the same year.
Applications will be judged primarily based on the scientific ranking of the candidate’s abstract. Only abstracts selected for presentation at the Hypertension Scientific Sessions 2020 will be eligible for consideration for this travel grant.
How to Apply/Required Documents
Submit a scientific abstract to the Hypertension Scientific Sessions 2020 as well as all supporting award documentation via the conference's abstract submission site by the deadline.
The deadline to apply is Monday, June 1, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. CDT.
The following items must be submitted for consideration for this travel grant:
- AHA abstract in accordance with AHA rules and regulations for submitting abstracts to the Hypertension Scientific Sessions 2020. The work covered by the abstract must not have been published before the date and time of presentation at the Hypertension Scientific Sessions 2020. Abstract data must not have been presented at a national or international meeting or world congress before the date and time of presentation at the Hypertension Scientific Sessions 2020.
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter by the candidate's supervisor/mentor attesting the following: the candidate is an early career investigator as outlined in the eligibility criteria the abstract research was performed primarily by the candidate; he or she is the first author of the abstract, and that the research has not been published or presented elsewhere previously.
AHA membership at any level is required by the candidate by the time the award materials are submitted.
PrizeUp to ten awardees will be presented up to $1,000 travel grant to help defray travel expenses to attend the Hypertension Scientific Sessions 2020. Awardees must be present at the meeting in order to receive their awards.
All abstracts and application materials must be received through the Hypertension Scientific Sessions 2020 abstract submitter. Visit the conference website for details on abstract submission.
Apply for this award by Monday, June 1, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. CDT.
AHA Conference Manager