The scientific councils’ Distinguished Achievement Award recognizes individuals who have made major contributions to the affairs of a scientific council over a continuing period, and who have made substantial professional contributions to the field represented by the council.
- Contributions to new knowledge in the field
- Contributions to teaching and/or clinical care in the field
- Professional leadership in national or international organizations
The honoree must be a member of the Council on Hypertension.
The Hypertension Distinguished Achievement Award is presented every three years during the Hypertension Business Meeting and Awards Dinner at the American Heart Association's Hypertension Scientific Sessions.
Suggested nominees for the Distinguished Achievement Award may be submitted to the Hypertension Leadership Committee by email.
Award Recipients2017 Gregory Fink, PhD
2014 Jane F. Reckelhoff, PhD, FAHA
2011 Joey Granger, PhD, FAHA
2008 Robert Carey, MD, FAHA
2005 John Hall, PhD, FAHA
2002 Edward D. Frohlich, MD, FAHA
1999 John H. Laragh, MD
1996 Allen W. Cowley, Jr.
1993 Arthur Guyton, MD
1990 Merlin Bumpus, PhD
1988 E. Eric Muirhead, MD
1985 Jacques Genest, MD
1981 Irvine H. Page, MD
1980 Harriet P. Dustan, MD
AHA Professional Membership
Enjoy instant benefits!
- Free Online Access to AHA Scientific Journals
- Affiliate with our 16 Scientific Councils
- Discounts on Scientific Conference Registration and Online Courses