Award Application Window: April 15–June 15, 2020 at 6 p.m. (Central Time)
The Council on Genomic and Precision Medicine (GPM) Medal of Honor exemplifies a scientist that has made significant contributions to the field of genomic and precision medicine. The winner of this yearly award must be an accomplished scientist whose work has transformed the ways in which the field thinks and approaches a particular niche in genomic and precision medicine. The award will be given to an individual who during their career has dedicated international leadership in the area of genomic and precision medicine.
2019 Christine E. Seidman, MD, FAHA
2018 Euan Ashley, MB ChB, Dphil, MRCP
2017 Stuart Cook, PhD, MRCP
2016 Vasan Ramachandran, MBBS, MD
2015 David Herrington, FAHA
2014 Jennifer Van Eyk, PhD, FAHA
2013 Dan Roden, MD, FAHA
- Must be member of the Council on Genomic and Precision Medicine at the time of application
- The novelty and innovativeness of the science,
- The track record of the individual including peer reviewed publications,
- The potential of the scientific discoveries to transform clinical care
- Criteria can be documented with quantitative data (biosketch, grant funding including past, present and pending) and also through 3-5 colleague letters of support.
How to Apply/Required Documents
- NIH bio sketch that includes awards, publications and grant funding
- Statement outlining the following
- the novelty and innovativeness of the science
- the track record of the individual including peer reviewed publications
- the potential of the scientific discoveries to transform clinical care
- 3-5 colleague letters of support.
Visit the Council Awards & Fellowships Application System(link opens in new window) to complete an application.
A username and password set up through online registration at Professional Heart Daily will be necessary to access the Application System. If you have not created an online profile yet, you may register as you enter the Application System by clicking "Sign Up" next to the Log In button on the sign-in page. AHA Professional Members who are creating an online profile for the first time should make sure to register using their AHA membership identification numbers.
AHA Professional Membership is required of all applicants for this award. If you are joining the AHA to apply, please wait on your AHA membership number to arrive from AHA Member Services via e-mail before creating an online profile and starting your application file. We suggest that new membersjoin the AHA no later than May 30 for the membership number to be processed and delivered in time for the application deadline. The membership number will be required on the award application form
- $1,000 honorarium
- Engraved Medal
- Complimentary registration to Scientific Sessions
- Travel expenses to attend Scientific Sessions, including round-trip airfare (21-day advance purchase required); ground transportation; hotel accommodations for one night; and up to $60 in sustenance for the day of the lecture
- Two complimentary council dinner tickets.
- For rules and regulations for submitting abstracts to the Scientific Sessions, visit Abstract Submission Guidelines (PDF)
- Submit your application at Council Awards System
- Join or renew AHA/ASA Professional Membership