Award Application Window: April 15–June 19, 2020 at 8 p.m. (Central Time)
The Council on Genomic and Precision Medicine (GPM) Medal of Honor exemplifies a scientist that has made significant contributions to the field of genomic and precision medicine. The winner of this yearly award must be an accomplished scientist whose work has transformed the ways in which the field thinks and approaches a particular niche in genomic and precision medicine. The award will be given to an individual who during their career has dedicated international leadership in the area of genomic and precision medicine.
- 2020 Elizabeth M. McNally, MD, PhD, FAHA
- 2019 Christine E. Seidman, MD, FAHA
- 2018 Euan Ashley, MB ChB, Dphil, MRCP
- 2017 Stuart Cook, PhD, MRCP
- 2016 Vasan Ramachandran, MBBS, MD
- 2015 David Herrington, FAHA
- 2014 Jennifer Van Eyk, PhD, FAHA
- 2013 Dan Roden, MD, FAHA
- Must be partner of the Council on Genomic and Precision Medicine at the time of application
- The novelty and innovativeness of the science,
- The track record of the individual including peer reviewed publications,
- The potential of the scientific discoveries to transform clinical care
- Criteria can be documented with quantitative data (biosketch, grant funding including past, present and pending) and also through 3-5 colleague letters of support.
How to Apply/Required Documents
- NIH bio sketch that includes awards, publications and grant funding
- Statement outlining the following
- the novelty and innovativeness of the science
- the track record of the individual including peer reviewed publications
- the potential of the scientific discoveries to transform clinical care
- 3-5 colleague letters of support.
Visit the Council Awards & Fellowships Application System to complete an application.
A username and password set up through online registration at Professional Heart Daily will be necessary to access the Application System. If you have not created an online profile yet, you may register as you enter the Application System by clicking "Sign Up" next to the Log In button on the sign-in page. AHA Professional Partners who are creating an online profile for the first time should make sure to register using their AHA partner identification numbers.
An active AHA Professional Partner account is required of all applicants for this award. If you are joining the AHA to apply, please wait on your AHA partner number to arrive from AHA Partner Services via e-mail before creating an online profile and starting your application file. We suggest that new partners join the AHA no later than May 30 for the partner number to be processed and delivered in time for the application deadline. The partner number will be required on the award application form
- $1,000 honorarium
- Engraved Medal
- Complimentary registration to Scientific Sessions
- Travel expenses to attend Scientific Sessions, including round-trip airfare (21-day advance purchase required); ground transportation; hotel accommodations for one night; and up to $60 in sustenance for the day of the lecture
- Two complimentary council dinner tickets.
American Heart Association Professional Membership @Model.Item.RenderHeadingSizeTag("h2")>
Renew or join as a Professional Member today to make a difference.
Scientific Sessions 2020 @Model.Item.RenderHeadingSizeTag("h2")>
Nov. 13-17, 2020
Join us for a Virtual Experience