The scientific councils’ Distinguished Achievement Award recognizes individuals who have made major contributions to the affairs of a scientific council over a continuing period, and who have made substantial professional contributions to the field represented by the council.
- Contributions to new knowledge in the field
- Contributions to teaching and/or clinical care in the field
- Professional leadership in national or international organizations
The honoree must be a member of the Council on Lifestyle and Cardiometabolic Health.
The Lifestyle Distinguished Achievement Award is presented every three years during the EPI|Lifestyle Joint Council Awards Reception and Dinner at the American Heart Association's Scientific Sessions.
Suggested nominees for the Distinguished Achievement Award may be submitted to the Lifestyle Leadership Committee by email.
|2019 Jean-Pierre Després, CQ, PhD, FAHA
2016 Lora E. Burke, PhD, MPH, FAHA
2013 Barbara Howard, PhD, FAHA
2010 William Haskell, PhD, FAHA
|2007 Alice Lichtenstein, DSc, FAHA
2004 Robert Eckel, MD, FAHA
2001 Ronald M. Krauss, MD
The award will be presented at Scientific Sessions.
The honoree will also receive:
- Complimentary registration to the Scientific Sessions
- One complimentary tickets to the Council Dinner
- Engraved plaque
- Round-trip coach airfare to Scientific Sessions
- Hotel reimbursement (room + tax) for one night at the conference rate
- Ground transportation to and from the airport
- Meal reimbursement up to $70