The scientific councils’ Distinguished Achievement Award recognizes individuals who have made major contributions to the affairs of a scientific council over a continuing period, and who have made substantial professional contributions to the field represented by the council.
- Contributions to new knowledge in the field
- Contributions to teaching and/or clinical care in the field
- Professional leadership in national or international organizations
The honoree must be a member of the Council on Kidney in Cardiovascular Disease (KCVD).
The KCVD Distinguished Achievement Award is presented every three years during the HTN/KCVD joint Awards Dinner at the American Heart Association's Hypertension Scientific Sessions.
Suggested nominees for the Distinguished Achievement Award may be submitted to the KCVD Leadership Committee by email.
- 2020 Donald Kohan MD, PhD, FAHA
- 2017 David Ellison, MD, FAHA
- 2014 Jeff Sands, MD
- 2011 Frank C. Brosius, III, MD, FAHA
- 2008 L. Lee Hamm, MD, FACP, FAHA
- 2005 Thomas DuBose, Jr., MD, FAHA
- 2002 Jules B. Puschett, MD
- 1999 L. Gabriel Navar, PhD
- 1996 William E. Mitch, MD
- 1993 Diana Marver, MD
- 1990 Darrell D. Fanestil, MD
- 1987 Jared Grantham, MD
- 1984 Roy Maffly, MD
American Heart Association Professional Members
Enjoy instant benefits!
- Free Online Access to AHA Scientific Journals
- Affiliate with our 16 Scientific Councils
- Discounts on Scientific Conference Registration and Online Courses