Award Application Window: April 15–June 19, 2020 at 8 p.m. (Central Time)
This lecture was established in 2015 to recognize an outstanding scientist that has made a lasting impact in epidemiology and functional genomics and translational biology. The award will serve to highlight the innovative science being produced by the American Heart Association and respective council members.
The winner is selected by the Molecular Determinants of Cardiovascular Health Joint Committee of the Council on Genomic and Precision Medicine (GPM) and the Council on Epidemiology and Prevention (EPI) based on the following criteria:
- Candidates will be mid-career, preferably at the Associate Professor level or functioning at that rank;
- Candidates should have a track record of major independent scientific contributions to the area of genetics, genomics, precision medicine and epidemiology;
- Candidates should have a track record of service and engagement in the GPM or EPI councils; and
- Candidates are required to be a member of either the GPM or EPI councils.
The awardee will present a lecture during AHA Scientific Sessions. The lecture will be slotted on an alternating basis between GPM and EPI.
- 2020 Laura Rasmussen-Torvik, PhD, MPH, FAHA
- 2019 Themistocles L. Assimes, MD, PhD, FAHA, FRCPC
- 2018 Majken K. Jensen, PhD, MSc
- 2017 Kiran Musunuru, MD, PhD, MPH, FAHA
- 2016 Patrick Ellinor, MD, PhD
- 2015 Svati H. Shah, MD, MHS, FAHA
The winner will present a lecture during the Scientific Sessions Programming and will be recognized at the GPM Council Reception or EPI Council Dinner. The winner will also receive:
- Two complimentary tickets to the sponsoring council’s recognition event;
- One complimentary registration to Scientific Sessions;
- An engraved plaque;
- An honorarium of $1,500;
- Round-trip coach airfare at the 21-day advance purchase rate; train fare to Scientific Sessions, or reimbursement for gas if the awardee drives;
- Hotel reimbursement (room + tax) for one night at the conference rate;
- Ground transportation costs incurred to attend Scientific Sessions including taxis, airport parking or garage parking if the awardee drives;
- Meal reimbursement up to $70.00.
American Heart Association Professional Partners @Model.Item.RenderHeadingSizeTag("h2")>
Renew or join as a professional partner today to make a difference.
Scientific Sessions 2020 @Model.Item.RenderHeadingSizeTag("h2")>
Nov. 13-17, 2020
Join us for a Virtual Experience