Beyond Medications and Diet: Alternative Approaches to Lowering Blood Pressure
Published: April 22, 2013
- Non-pharmacological therapies may lower blood pressure.
- Dietary strategies have been shown to be difficult to maintain.
- The alternative approaches presented may be viable options for prehypertension.
- Commentary: Complementary Alternative Therapies for Hypertension: Is It Worth It? by Alexandros Briasoulis, MD and George Bakris, MD
- Top Things to Know: Beyond Medications and Diet: Alternative Approaches to Lowering Blood Pressure
- Dietary Approaches to Prevent and Treat Hypertension
- Call to Action on Use and Reimbursement for Home Blood Pressure Monitoring: A Joint Scientific Statement From the American Heart Association, American Society of Hypertension, and Preventive Cardiovascular Nurses Association
- Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring in Children and Adolescents: Recommendations for Standard Assessment
- ACCF/AHA 2011 Expert Consensus Document on Hypertension in the Elderly: A Report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation Task Force on Clinical Expert Consensus Documents