The Strategically Focused Research Network will focus on Vascular Disease. The RFA has been updated to indicate that the three (3) science projects can be from at least two (2) of these three (3) disciplines: basic, clinical, and population science. All projects must focus on Vascular Disease research.
The AHA is interested in the science community exploring the etiology, prevention or treatment of cardiovascular disease or stroke in Vascular Disease, which can assist the AHA in reaching its 2020 Goals and overall mission of building healthier lives free of cardiovascular disease and stroke.
A Network is comprised of three to four institutions, or Centers, working on three projects each that are focused on one strategic area.
A Center application can comprise projects from more than one institution. The sponsoring institution will be determined by where the Center Director is located and will be charged with oversight and financial responsibilities of the Center as a whole. Applications should convey how these different areas of science will be integrated, both in their scientific discoveries and through joint team communication and integration.
Institutions are limited to one Center application per location, however individuals at said institution who are not participating in said institution's Center application, may indeed participate in another Center's application.
Centers are highly encouraged, where applicable, to align with AHA initiatives. Please see the AHA's SFRN website for a complete listing of AHA initiatives. Offered by: AHA National Research Program
Live Application Q&A Webinars
For questions regarding this process or for technical assistance, please contact:
- Budget Justification (Word template) (DOC)
- Research Project Environment (Word template) (DOC)
- Center Vision and Synergy
- Center Collaboration
- Current Postdoctoral Training Program
- Proposed Multidisciplinary Training Program
- Center Director Qualifications
- Center Administrative Structure
- Letter of Support for Center Application
- Atrial Fibrillation RFA (PDF)
- Vascular Disease RFA (PDF)
- Children's RFA (PDF)
- Obesity RFA (PDF)
- GRFW RFA (PDF)
- Heart Failure RFA (PDF)
- Prevention RFA (PDF)
- Hypertension RFA (PDF)
- Disparities in Cardiovascular Disease (PDF)
- Arrhythmias and Sudden Cardiac Death RFA (PDF)
- Cardiometabolic Health with a focus on Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus RFA (PDF)