To qualify for Scientific Sessions 2021 Travel Grants you must meet these deadlines.
Please carefully check the eligibility and application requirements for each award.
- June 17, 2021, 6 p.m. CDT – Deadline to submit your general science abstract to Scientific Sessions 2021.
- August 6, 2021 – Deadline to have an active AHA membership with Council sponsoring the award.
- August 13, 2021, 6 p.m. CDT – Deadline to apply for awards requiring submission in Council Awards Application System.
The Council on Cardiovascular and Stroke Nursing is offering up to three $700 travel grants to support nurses who did not submit and abstract and would otherwise not be able to attend Scientific Sessions without financial support.
- Applicants for the CVSN Educational Fund Travel Grant must be members of AHA and the CVSN Council for 3 or more years at the time of application;
- Service to AHA (can be local, affiliate or national) is a requirement of the award;
- Winners may not reapply in less than 3 years;
- Each recipient of AHA council-sponsored awards, regardless of grant category, is eligible to receive only one council-sponsored award per AHA scientific meeting.
- There are no citizenship requirements;
- Notwithstanding the above, the AHA Officers have the discretion to determine eligibility for the award in extraordinary circumstances when there is an issue relating to AHA policy or positions or other potentially controversial issue relating to the positioning or perception of the AHA.
How to Apply/Required Documents
Electronic submission through the Council Awards Application System is required. Hard copies of any part of the application cannot be accepted.
Your application file must contain the following documents in PDF format:
- CV or resume (limited to 15 pages or less)
- One-page or less description of service to AHA (local, affiliate, or national level)
- One-page proposal of description of current research or clinical interests involving cardiovascular and stroke nursing and why you believe you would benefit from attendance at Scientific Sessions (including CVSN Council dinner).
Visit the Council Awards & Fellowships Application System to complete an application.
A username and password previously set up through online profile registration at Professional Heart Daily will be necessary to access the Application System. If you have not created an online profile yet, please visit Professional Heart Daily to create an online member profile before accessing the Council Awards Application System. AHA Professional Members who are creating an online profile for the first time should make sure to register using their AHA membership identification numbers.
Each winner will receive:
- $700 grant to help offset costs of attending Scientific Sessions. Eligible reimbursable expenses include hotel, ground transportation, and airfare to attend Scientific Sessions. Conference registration and meals are not covered.
- One complimentary ticket to the CVSN Dinner. Attendance at Scientific Sessions and the CVSN dinner are mandatory and will be verified by CVSN council members before the grant is awarded.
Awardees will be notified in September and will be required to pay their registration for the meeting at the discounted early registration rate.
AHA Professional Members are Difference Makers @Model.Item.RenderHeadingSizeTag("h2")>
Scientific Sessions @Model.Item.RenderHeadingSizeTag("h2")>
Nov. 13–15, 2021
Boston, MA + Virtual
Want to get involved? @Model.Item.RenderHeadingSizeTag("h2")>
The American Heart Association depends on the time and talent of volunteers to help us create a healthier world, free of heart disease and stroke.