Application Deadline: Wednesday, March 11, 2020 (11:59 p.m. CDT)
The purpose of this competition is to encourage new investigators to participate in the Basic Cardiovascular Sciences 2020 Scientific Sessions.
Up to twenty competitive awards of $500 each will be presented to qualified new investigators from those who are accepted to present abstracts. The awardees will be selected based on the originality, quality, and the impact of the work presented in the abstracts.
- Applicant must be a member of the American Heart Association (membership number required to complete award application).
- The candidate must hold an academic (or equivalent) rank below assistant professor (postdocs and fellows).
- Applicants must submit an abstract for the conference by Wednesday, March 11, 2020 (11:59 p.m. CST) and only the “first/primary author” may apply.
- The applicant must be the abstract presenter.
- The work may not have been presented or published before the conference.
- The candidate may not apply for more than one type of award, may not submit more than one application, and may not have been an award recipient of this particular award at previous AHA BCVS Conferences.
- Submit an abstract as first author for the conference.
- Select the award for which you are applying from the drop-down list on the awards page of the abstract submission website.
- Upload the following material between Jan. 8–March 11, 2020.
- A signed letter of endorsement from a department chair, advisor or other sponsor, certifying that you meet the eligibility criteria for this award.
- Your curriculum vitae and bibliography.
- Your AHA membership number.