To qualify for this EPI|Lifestyle Scientific Sessions award you must meet the following deadlines.
- August 3, 2022 – Applications open
- Extended Deadline: October 24, 2022, 6 p.m. CDT – Applications are accepted only through the abstract submission process.
The Trudy Bush Fellowship for Cardiovascular Disease Research in Women’s Health is named for Trudy Bush, PhD, MHS, to honor her outstanding leadership in the field of women’s health and contributions to cardiovascular science.
The winners of the Trudy Bush Fellowships will be announced during the conference. The winning abstracts will be the top three achieving the highest average scores of all applicants whose abstracts address issues related to women’s health. Cardiovascular disease research in women’s health is defined broadly and is not limited to studies conducted exclusively in women or issues unique to women, such as effects of postmenopausal hormone therapy. The awardees will receive a cash prize of $1,000 each.
- All applicants must be members of the AHA.
- The candidate must be the first and presenting author of the abstract.
- The work may not have been previously presented or published in any form.
- Winners are not eligible to reenter the competition in subsequent years.
- Applicants may submit only one abstract for consideration for the award.
- Winners of this award are not eligible to receive cash compensation from another award during the EPI/Lifestyle Scientific Sessions.
How To Apply
- Submit an abstract for the conference in the area of women’s health.
- Select the award during the abstract submission process.
- Upload your curriculum vitae in the abstract submission site at the time of submission.
QuestionsFor questions, please contact:
Conference Manager, EPI|Lifestyle Scientific Sessions
American Heart Association Professional Members
Enjoy instant benefits!
- Free Online Access to AHA Scientific Journals
- Affiliate with our 16 Scientific Councils
- Discounts on Scientific Conference Registration and Online Courses