Roger Williams Memorial Award
To qualify for this EPI|Lifestyle Scientific Sessions award, you must meet the following deadlines.
- August 3, 2022 – Applications open
- Extended Deadline: October 24, 2022, 6 p.m. CDT – Applications are accepted only through the abstract submission process.
The Roger R. Williams Memorial Award for Genetic Epidemiology and the Prevention and Treatment of Atherosclerosis is named for Dr. Roger R. Williams' pioneering work in the field of the genetics of inherited lipid disorders and the prevention of atherosclerosis.
The winner of the Roger R. Williams Genetic Epidemiology Award will be announced during the conference. The winning abstract will be the one achieving the highest average score of all applicants who submit abstracts to the category of genetics. The awardee will receive a cash prize of $1,500 and a plaque.
- All applicants must be members of the AHA.
- The candidate must be the first and presenting author of the abstract.
- The work may not have been previously presented or published in any form.
- Winners are not eligible to re-enter the competition in subsequent years.
- Applicants may submit only one abstract for consideration for the award.
- Winners of this award are not eligible to receive cash compensation from another award during the joint EPI | Lifestyle Scientific Sessions.
How To Apply
- Submit an abstract for the conference by Oct. 12, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. (Central Time) to the category Genetics.
- Select the award during the abstract submission process.
- Upload your curriculum vitae in the abstract submission site at the time of submission.
American Heart Association Professional Members
Enjoy instant benefits!
- Free Online Access to AHA Scientific Journals
- Affiliate with our 16 Scientific Councils
- Discounts on Scientific Conference Registration and Online Courses