The scientific councils’ Distinguished Achievement Award recognizes individuals who have made major contributions to the affairs of a scientific council over a continuing period, and who have made substantial professional contributions to the field represented by the council.
- Contributions to new knowledge in the field
- Contributions to teaching and/or clinical care in the field
- Professional leadership in national or international organizations
The honoree must be a member of the Council on Cardiovascular Surgery and Anesthesia (CVSA).
The CVSA Distinguished Achievement Award is presented every three years during the CVSA Council Meeting and Awards Dinner at the American Heart Association's Scientific Sessions.
Suggested nominees for the Distinguished Achievement Award may be submitted to the CVSA Leadership Committee by email.
|2019 Marc Ruel, MD, MPH, FAHA
2016 John Ikonomidis MD, PhD, FAHA
2013 Frank Sellke, MD, FACS
2010 Loren Hiratzka, MD, FAHA, FACC
2008 D. Craig Miller, MD
|2004 Richard D. Weisel, MD, FAHA
2001 Donald B. Doty, MD
1998 Floyd Loop, MD
1995 Norman Shumway, MD, PhD
1992 Gerard Kaiser, MD
|1989 James A. DeWeese, MD
1986 John W. Kirklin, MD
1983 David Sabiston, Jr., MD
The award will be presented at Scientific Sessions.
The honoree will also receive:
- Complimentary registration to the Scientific Sessions
- One complimentary tickets to the Council Dinner
- Engraved plaque
- Round-trip coach airfare to Scientific Sessions
- Hotel reimbursement (room + tax) for one night at the conference rate
- Ground transportation to and from the airport
- Meal reimbursement up to $70