Award Application Window: April 15–June 19, 2020 at 8 p.m. (Central Time)
The scientific councils’ Distinguished Achievement Award recognizes individuals who have made major contributions to a scientific council over a continuing period, and who have made substantial professional contributions to the field represented by the council.
- Contributions to new knowledge in the field
- Contributions to teaching and/or clinical care in the field
- Professional leadership in national or international organizations
The honoree must be a member of the Council on Cardiovascular Radiology and Intervention (CVRI).
The CVRI Distinguished Achievement Award is presented every three years during the CVRI Business Meeting and Awards Reception at the American Heart Association's Scientific Sessions.
Suggested nominees for the Distinguished Achievement Award may be submitted to the CVRI Leadership Committee by email.
- 2020 Barry T. Katzen, MD, FAHA
- 2017 Pamela Woodard, MD, FAHA
- 2014 Arthur E. Stillman, MD, PhD
- 2011 Antoinette Gomes, MD, FAHA
- 2008 Barry Katzen
- 2005 Kurt Amplatz
- 2002 Kurt Amplatz
- 1999 Josef Rosch, MD
- 1996 David C. Levin, MD
- 1993 Lewis Wexler, MD
- 1990 Charles Higgins, MD
- 1987 Charles T. Dotter, MD
- 1984 Melvin Judkins, MD
Scientific Sessions 2020 @Model.Item.RenderHeadingSizeTag("h2")>
Nov. 13-17, 2020
Join us for a Virtual Experience
American Heart Association Professional Partners @Model.Item.RenderHeadingSizeTag("h2")>
Renew or join as a professional partner today to make a difference.