The scientific councils’ Distinguished Achievement Award recognizes individuals who have made major contributions to the affairs of a scientific council over a continuing period, and who have made substantial professional contributions to the field represented by the council.
- Contributions to new knowledge in the field
- Contributions to teaching and/or clinical care in the field
- Professional leadership in national or international organizations
The honoree must be a partner of the Council on Basic Cardiovascular Sciences (BCVS).
The BCVS Distinguished Achievement Award is presented annually during the BCVS Council Business Meeting and Awards Dinner at the American Heart Association's Scientific Sessions.
Suggested nominees for the Distinguished Achievement Award may be submitted to the BCVS Leadership Committee by email.
- 2020 Walter J. Koch, PhD, FAHA
- 2019 Ju Chen, PhD
- 2018 Josh M. Hare, MD, FAHA
- 2017 Junichi Sadoshima, MD, PhD
- 2016 Thomas Force MD, FAHA
- 2015 Mark Sussman, PhD, FAHA
- 2014 Elizabeth McNally, MD, PhD
- 2013 Steven Houser, PhD, FAHA
- 2013 Roger Hajjar, MD
- 2012 Lawrence Rudel, PhD, FAHA
- 2011 Howard Rockman, MD
- 2010 Rong Tian, MD, PhD, FAHA
- 2009 Donald Bers, PhD, FAHA
- 2008 Daniel Kelly, MD, FAHA
- 2007 Michael Schneider, MD, FAHA
- 2006 Roberto Bolli, MD, FAHA
- 2005 Michael Rosen, MD, PhD, FAHA
- 2004 Eduardo Marban, MD, PhD, FAHA
- 2003 David Harrison, MD, FAHA
- 2002 Peter Spooner, PhD, FAHA
- 2001 Thomas H. Hintze, PhD
- 2000 Leslie Leinwand, PhD
- 1999 Elizabeth G. Nabel, MD
- 1997 William Barry, MD
- 1994 Harold C. Strauss, MD
- 1991 Arnold Katz, MD
American Heart Association Professional Partners @Model.Item.RenderHeadingSizeTag("h2")>
Renew or join as a professional partner today to make a difference.
AHA Hypertension Scientific Sessions @Model.Item.RenderHeadingSizeTag("h2")>
This is a four-day scientific program for clinical and basic researchers focusing on recent advances in hypertension research.