Council on Hypertension Distinguished Achievement Award
The scientific councils’ Distinguished Achievement Award recognizes individuals who have made major contributions to the affairs of a scientific council over a continuing period, and who have made substantial professional contributions to the field represented by the council.
- Contributions to new knowledge in the field
- Contributions to teaching and/or clinical care in the field
- Professional leadership in national or international organizations
The honoree must be a member of the Council on Hypertension.
The Hypertension Distinguished Achievement Award is presented every three years during the Hypertension Business Meeting and Awards Dinner at the American Heart Association's Hypertension Scientific Sessions.
Suggested nominees for the Distinguished Achievement Award may be submitted to the Hypertension Leadership Committee by email.
- 2020 Professor Dame Anna F. Dominiczak, DBE, MD, FAHA
- 2017 Gregory Fink, PhD
- 2014 Jane F. Reckelhoff, PhD, FAHA
- 2011 Joey Granger, PhD, FAHA
- 2008 Robert Carey, MD, FAHA
- 2005 John Hall, PhD, FAHA
- 2002 Edward D. Frohlich, MD, FAHA
- 1999 John H. Laragh, MD
- 1996 Allen W. Cowley, Jr.
- 1993 Arthur Guyton, MD
- 1990 Merlin Bumpus, PhD
- 1988 E. Eric Muirhead, MD
- 1985 Jacques Genest, MD
- 1981 Irvine H. Page, MD
- 1980 Harriet P. Dustan, MD
The award will be presented at Hypertension Scientific Sessions.
The honoree will also receive:
- Complimentary registration to the Hypertension Scientific Sessions
- One complimentary tickets to the Council Dinner
- Engraved plaque
- Round-trip coach airfare to Scientific Sessions
- Hotel reimbursement (room + tax) for one night at the conference rate
- Ground transportation to and from the airport
- Meal reimbursement up to $70
- Join or renew as an AHA Professional Member
- Submit your application at Council Awards Application System
- Instructions for ProposalCentral, the new Council Awards platform
- Council Awards: [email protected]
- Member Services: [email protected]
- Password/Login: [email protected]
- Abstract Submission: [email protected]
AHA Professional Members are Difference Makers
Hypertension Scientific Sessions
September 7-10, 2023
Sheraton Boston Hotel | Boston, Massachusetts