To qualify for Hypertension Scientific Sessions awards you must meet the following deadlines:
- June 15, 2020, 6 p.m. CDT – Deadline to submit your science to Hypertension Scientific Sessions 2020.
- June 16, 2020, 12 a.m. CDT – Deadline to apply for this award.
Hypertension 2020 Scientific Sessions, September 10–13, 2020, is now a virtual event. Award prizes related to travel, hotel accommodation and meals will not be provided this year.
The Lifetime Achievement Award is named in honor of Dr. Irvine Page and Alva Bradley, who played a prominent role in establishing the National Foundation for High Blood Pressure Research in 1945. The foundation became the Council for High Blood Pressure Research for the American Heart Association in 1949. The council's name changed to Council on Hypertension in 2015.
- The Page-Bradley Lifetime Achievement Award is presented each year to an individual who has had a lifetime of outstanding achievements in the field of hypertension and has served as a role model through service, research and teaching. In general, the recipient of this award must have had a career spanning at least 25 years.
- A candidate may be nominated an unlimited number of times by different individuals in the same year. The Awards Committee will assess the candidates' overall scientific, teaching and service contributions to the field of hypertension and to the Council on Hypertension.
How to Make a Nomination/Required Documents
Electronic submission of a nomination through the Council Awards Application System is required. Hard copies of any part of the nomination cannot be accepted. A username and password previously set up through online profile registration at Professional Heart Daily will be necessary to access the Application System. If you have not created an online profile yet, please visit Professional Heart Daily to create an online member profile before accessing the Council Awards Application System. AHA Professional Members who are creating an online profile for the first time should make sure to register using their AHA membership identification numbers.
The nomination file (submitted on the nominee’s behalf) should contain the following documents in PDF format and must be submitted through the Council Awards Application System for consideration for this award:
- Nominee's curriculum vitae and bibliography
- A signed letter of nomination and two additional supporting letters from individuals who are familiar with the nominee's contribution to the field of hypertension and service to the council.
The award will be presented at the Hypertension Scientific Sessions.
The awardee will receive the following:
- Complimentary registration to the Hypertension Scientific Sessions
- An engraved plaque and $2,000 honorarium
- Round-trip coach airfare at the 21-day advance purchase rate for awardee and spouse or companion
- Hotel accommodations at the conference rate
- Ground transportation expenses to attend the conference
- * Up to $70 in meal reimbursement
- * Two tickets to the Annual Hypertension Scientific Sessions Awards Banquet
|2019||George L. Bakris, MD, MA, FAHA, FASN|
|2018||William C. Cushman, MD, FAHA|
|2017||Gregory D. Fink, PhD, FAHA|
|2016||David Robertson MD, FAHA|
|2014||Brian J. Morris, DSc, PhD, FAHA Christine Baylis, PhD|
|2013||Clinton Webb, BS, MS, PhD|
|2012||James Sowers, MD|
|2011||Hiroko Nishimura, MD, DMSc|
|2010||Theodore Goodfriend, MD|
|2009||Leopoldo Raij, MD|
|2008||K. Bridget Brosnihan, PhD|
|2007||Ernesto L. Schiffrin, MD, PhD|
|2006||Christopher Wilcox, MD, PhD|
|2005||Alberto Nasjletti, MD|
|2004||John C. McGiff, MD|
|2003||Allyn L. Mark, MD|
|2002||Suzanne Oparil, MD|
|2001||Robert M. Carey, MD|
|2000||Patrick J. Mulrow, MD|
|1999||Myron H. Weinberger, MD|
|1998||David H.P. Streeten, MD|
|1997||Norman M. Kaplan, MD|
|1996||Edward G. Biglieri, MD|
|1995||William F. Ganong, MD|
|1994||Stevo Julius, MD, ScD|
|1993||Edward D. Frohlich, MD|
|1992||Ray W. Gifford, Jr., MD|
|1991||Harriet P. Dustan, MD|
|1990||Aram V. Chobanian, MD|
American Heart Association Professional Partners @Model.Item.RenderHeadingSizeTag("h2")>
Renew or join as a professional partner today to make a difference.
AHA Hypertension Scientific Sessions @Model.Item.RenderHeadingSizeTag("h2")>
This is a four-day scientific program for clinical and basic researchers focusing on recent advances in hypertension research.