The Stroke Council Award and Lecture recognizes and encourages those who actively work to integrate stroke and heart disease in clinical care, education or research. Individuals committed to promoting wider recognition of stroke in the cardiovascular community and of heart disease in the stroke community should be recognized for their unique efforts to promote the mission of the AHA.
The honoree will be acknowledged at Scientific Sessions in November and will present a special lecture.
|2020 George Howard, DrPH, FAHA||2012 Scott Kasner, MD, PhD, FAHA
|2019 Louise McCullough, MD, PhD, FAHA
||2011 Debbie Summers, MSN, ACNS-BC, CNRN, CCRN, FAHA
|2018 Mitchell S. V. Elkind, MD, MS, FAHA
||2010 Michael Sloan, MD, FAAN, FAHA
|2017 Lee H. Schwamm, MD
||2009 Pamela Duncan, PT, PhD, FAPTA, FAHA
|2016 Sandra A. Billinger, PT, PhD, FAHA
||2008 Vladimir Hachinski, CM, MD, FRCPC, DSc, FAHA
|2015 Lewis B. Morgenstern MD FAHA
||2007 Margaret Kelly-Hayes, EdD, RN, FAAN, FAHA
|2014 Cathy A. Sila, MD, FAHA
||2006 Jeffrey Saver, MD, FAHA|
|2013 Edward Jauch, MD, MS, FAHA, FACEP
||2005 Anne Leonard, RN, BSN, MPH, FAHA|
The Stroke Council leadership will select an honoree who meets the following criteria:
- Candidate has made meritorious contributions within the ASA and AHA.
- Candidate is a leader in the field of stroke as measured by his or her reputation in research, clinical care or education (preferably with contributions in more than one area).
- Candidate has made significant contributions to promoting awareness of cerebrovascular disease and its importance in the cardiovascular community in research and service.
- Candidate is a current partner of the AHA Stroke Council at any level.
The honoree will be acknowledged in Connections, the AHA council newsletter, as well as the Scientific Sessions program. The honoree will present a state-of-the-art lecture on the topic of his or her choice at Scientific Sessions.
The honoree will also receive the following:
- $1500 honorarium
- Engraved plaque
- Complimentary registration to Scientific Sessions
- Round-trip coach airfare to attend Scientific Sessions
- One night’s hotel accommodations, ground transportation, and one day’s subsistence at the Scientific Sessions
American Heart Association Professional Membership @Model.Item.RenderHeadingSizeTag("h2")>
Renew or join as a Professional Member today to make a difference.
Scientific Sessions 2020 @Model.Item.RenderHeadingSizeTag("h2")>
Nov. 13-17, 2020
Join us for a Virtual Experience