To qualify for this EPI|Lifestyle Scientific Sessions award you must meet the following deadlines.
- August 3, 2022 – Applications open
- Extended Deadline: October 24, 2022, 6 p.m. CDT – Applications are accepted only through the abstract submission process.
Dr. Scott Grundy is a distinguished leader in the metabolic determinants of atherosclerosis. His research interests have included obesity, lipoproteins, genetics, nutrition, lifestyle and pharmacotherapy. He has been active in the development and promulgation of guidelines, consensus statements, expert panel statements and task force summaries, all of which have been instrumental in guiding prevention and treatment efforts for cardiovascular disease.
The Fellowship Award for Excellence in Metabolism Research recognizes three outstanding abstracts submitted by young investigators to the EPI/Lifestyle Scientific Sessions. Up to three awards will be given for the abstracts achieving the highest average scores of all abstracts submitted in the categories of Diabetes/Metabolic Syndrome, Lipids/Lipoproteins, Metabolism, and Obesity and Adipose Tissue Distribution or Lipids and Lipoproteins. Acceptable entries for consideration include broad categories of study designs, including human or laboratory-based research, small metabolic studies, small clinical trials, and population-based studies. Each awardee will receive a cash prize of $500 and a plaque.
- All applicants must be members of AHA.
- The applicant must be in a post-doctoral fellowship, junior faculty position, instructor or assistant professor or equivalent position. (Investigators with more than five full-time years of post-training research faculty experience are not eligible.)
- Applicants may submit only one abstract for consideration for the award.
- The applicant must be the first and presenting author of the abstract.
- The work must not have been previously presented or published in any form.
- Winners are not eligible to reenter the competition in subsequent years.
- Winners of this award are not eligible to receive cash compensation from another award during the EPI/Lifestyle conference.
How to Apply
- By Oct. 12, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. (Central Time), submit an abstract to one of the following categories:
- Lipids and Lipoproteins
- Obesity and Adipose Tissue Distribution
- Select the award during the abstract submission process.
- Upload your Curriculum Vitae as instructed during the submission process. Please note: CV is required and must be uploaded in the abstract submission site at the time of submission.
American Heart Association Professional Members
Enjoy instant benefits!
- Free Online Access to AHA Scientific Journals
- Affiliate with our 16 Scientific Councils
- Discounts on Scientific Conference Registration and Online Courses