The Council on Quality of Care and Outcomes Research (QCOR) supports the efforts of its early career investigator members and wishes to recognize their scientific contributions in the field of cardiovascular outcomes research.
The deadline for applications is January 29, 2020 at 5 p.m. CT. Applications are submitted during the abstract submission process.
Finalists will be notified in late February 2020 and are expected to submit a manuscript draft by March 11, 2020 as part of the award selection process.
Finalists may be invited to submit a manuscript for peer review and potential publication in Circulation: Cardiovascular Quality and Outcomes. Invitations for submission would be sent separately from the journal editorial office.
The applicant must:
- Be a member of the American Heart Association.
- Be in training as an undergraduate or predoctoral student, as a resident/fellow, or a PhD/MD in the first 4 years after completion of their training.
- Be accepted for oral or poster presentation at the QCOR Scientific Sessions.
- Be the first author of the submitted abstract, which must not be published before the QCOR Scientific Sessions. Abstract must meet the annual conference criteria and be selected for presentation.
- The candidate may not submit more than one application and may not have been a recipient of this particular award at the previous AHA QCOR Conferences.
- Five finalists will be selected to present their abstract during an oral abstract session at the QCOR Scientific Sessions 2020.
- Finalists will be notified in late February and are expected to submit a manuscript draft by March 11, 2020, as part of the award selection process. Finalists may be invited to submit a manuscript for peer review and potential publication in Circulation: Cardiovascular Quality and Outcomes but are not required to publish in Circ: CQO.
- Presenters will be graded in four categories: importance/impact of the project in the field of outcomes research, methodological rigor, quality of the manuscript, and quality of the oral presentation.
How to Apply/Required Documents
The applicant must:
- Submit an original abstract to the QCOR Scientific Sessions. The abstract must be in accordance with the rules and regulations for submitting abstracts and must have been submitted by the abstract submission deadline, January 29, 2020.
- Select the Early Career Investigator Competition during the abstract submission process.
- Upload the following into the abstract submission system by January 29, 2020 at 5 p.m. CT:
- One (1) recommendation letter from applicant's mentor(s)
- AHA membership number
The award finalists will be acknowledged at the Career Development Luncheon. The winner will be announced and presented with certificates at that time.
J. Gmerice Hammond
- Vittal Hejjaji
- Vibhu Parcha
- Mohamed Gad
- Boback Ziaeian