Application Deadline: Wednesday, March 11, 2020 (11:59 p.m. CDT)
This award recognizes up to three finalists who will be selected based on the originality, quality and impact of the work presented in their abstract and curriculum vitae. The finalists will present their work as an oral abstract at the Basic Cardiovascular Sciences 2020 Scientific Sessions.
The winner will receive $1,500 ; the runners-up will receive $1,000 each.
- Applicant must be a member of the American Heart Association (membership number required to complete award application).
- The applicants must be within their first four years of initial faculty appointment, as of March 11, 2020.
- Applicants must submit an abstract for the conference by Wednesday, March 11, 2020 (11:59 p.m. CST) and only the “first/primary author” may apply.
- The applicant must be the abstract presenter.
- The work may not have been presented or published before the conference.
- The candidate may not apply for more than one type of award, may not submit more than one application per award, and may not have been a winner or finalist of this particular award at previous AHA BCVS Scientific Sessions.
- Submit an abstract as first author for the conference.
- Select the award for which you are applying from the drop-down list on the awards page of the abstract submission website.
- Upload the following material between Jan. 8—March 11, 2020:
- A signed letter of endorsement from a department chair, advisor or other sponsor, certifying that you meet the eligibility criteria for this award and stating the date on which you were first appointed to a faculty position.
- Your curriculum vitae and bibliography.
- Your AHA membership number
Please contact: Viola Gold