DEADLINE to APPLY: Wednesday, March 16, 2022 (6:00 PM Central Standard Time)
Three finalists will be selected for oral presentation at the Basic Cardiovascular Sciences 2022 Scientific Sessions. The awardees will be selected based on the originality, quality, and the impact of the work presented in the abstract. The finalists will present a 10-minute oral review and 5-minute Q&A of their abstract during the conference.
The winner will receive $1,500 ; the runners-up will receive $1,000 each.
- Applicant must be a member of the American Heart Association (membership number required to complete award application).
- The applicants must be within their first four years of initial faculty appointment, as of March 16, 2022.
- Applicants must submit an abstract for the conference by Wednesday, March 16, 2022 (6:00 p.m. CST) and only the “first/primary author” may apply.
- The applicant must be the abstract presenter.
- The work may not have been presented or published before the conference.
- The candidate may not have been a winner or finalist of this particular award at previous AHA BCVS Scientific Sessions.
- Submit an abstract as first author for the conference.
- Select the award for which you are applying from the drop-down list on the awards page of the abstract submission website.
- Upload the following material between January 12–March 16, 2022:
- A signed letter of endorsement from a department chair, advisor or other sponsor, certifying that you meet the eligibility criteria for this award and stating the date on which you were first appointed to a faculty position.
- Your curriculum vitae and bibliography.
- Your AHA membership number
Please contact: Viola Gold