Braindate at Scientific Sessions 2022
Scientific Sessions: November 5–7, 2022
Chicago, IL + Virtual
The American Heart Association is launching Braindate at Scientific Sessions 2022
Since 2019, it’s the first time we’ll be bringing back together the global community in person. As we come back together, we will offer you an exceptional networking experience focused on building new meaningful connections with your peers based on what YOU truly care about through a unique and engaging format.
We invite you to join us in this unique blended experience, learn new things, and spark meaningful conversations. It all starts with a Braindate.
What are Braindates?
Braindates are one-on-one or small group conversations based on topics posted by you and fellow participants in the Braindate Topic Market. They can be used to brainstorm, solve challenges, and share expertise or experiences while meeting new (brilliant!) people.
- Build your community and professional network.
- Discuss conversations focused on the topics you most want to explore.
- Solve problems and challenges with your industry peers.
- Connect with industry thought leaders in a meaningful way.
- Identify future collaborators or mentors, or mentees.
How to Get Started
- Log in to book your Braindates as soon as the Braindate platform is launched on November 2, 2022, at 8 am CT. (Chicago). Come early to explore the posted topics, schedule your Braindates and create your own.
- Once Scientific Sessions 2022 begins November 5-7, 2022, You can enjoy your conversations in person at the Braindate Lounge in the Heart Hub or online during a virtual Braindate. Our Learning Concierges will be present and ready to support you onsite and online.
Here's how to access the Braindate platform
- Log into Braindate to create your profile link directly from the AHA Conferences mobile app first page in the Braindate tab or via laptop through the virtual platform in the Connect section. You’ll be asked to make a simple profile with a few self-descriptors and your ideal Braindate.
- Explore the Topic Market: Post Braindate topics related to discussions you’d like to have with others during the event. Use the Search, Sort, and Filter options to help find topics you are interested in with space still available.
- Create Topics: Post Braindate topics about discussions you’d like to have. This is your opportunity to share your knowledge, experiences, and expertise.
- Book a Braindate: Send invitations to meet others to discuss their topics, and accept the invitations you receive. You can choose a one-on-one or small group conversation (up to six people).
- Time to Meet Up: Once confirmed, your Braindate will take place in the Braindate Lounge in the Heart Hub (Science & Technology Hall) or online for Virtual Braindates during show hours to join a 30-minute one-on-one or small 45-minute group session that interests you.
How to host a meaningful Braindate
Whether it’s a one-on-one or group Braindate, keep the following five tips in mind to lead a meaningful Braindate for everyone involved:
- Make sure everyone introduces themselves and contributes to the discussion.
- Ask the participant(s) what interested them about the topic.
- Be transparent and honest about your experience related to the topic: You don’t need to be an expert to lead a Braindate.
- Don’t forget that everyone has something interesting they can add to the conversation: Adopt a beginner’s mindset.
- Don’t forget to share your contact information. Many great relationships start with a simple conversation.
Need advice on how to create a compelling Braindate topic? Having trouble finding topics that are relevant to you? Have questions about how to use the Braindate platform?
We can help. At Scientific Sessions 2022, Learning Concierges (real humans — no bots here!) will be on call to support you in making the most out of your experience. Don’t hesitate to connect with one of them via the platform in the mobile app or on-site in the Braindate Lounge when it’s open.