Health Protocols – International Stroke Conference
2023 Health Protocols
As of October 6, 2022
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has made updates to its COVID-19 protocols. In response, the AHA is making the following changes to our meeting and event protocols:
- Proof of vaccination will no longer be required for participation in our scientific conferences unless there is a state/local mandate.
- We will comply with any local/state mandate around mask adherence, testing or vaccine requirements.
- Our science event environments will be mask-friendly. Should a destination become high risk, a reminder of CDC recommendations will be communicated so that individuals can make informed decisions.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout event venues, particularly in high-traffic and food/beverage service areas.
- Our commitment to the health and well-being of our attendees, exhibitors and staff remains the same.
As a science-based organization, the AHA continues to follow the guidance of the CDC and state and local health departments, and this guidance will continue to evolve. Protecting the health and safety of all participants remains our top priority.