- The Heart of Communicating Science (online course)
- The Heart of Team Science (online course)
- How to Talk About Your AHA-Funded Research (video)
- Mission, Vision and the 12 Essential Elements Guiding Our Research Program
- How an AHA Research Award is Given
- Research Standards
- Types of Research
- Volunteer Structure
Past Program Descriptions
Select the award activation year for a complete list of programs.
After a deadline has passed and awards have been announced, program descriptions are maintained here. Awardees and institutional/fiscal officers may reference these for budget purposes for the duration of the award.
Institutional Officers: Manage awards through the AHA's online system, ProposalCentral.
The AHA continually enhances and refines its peer review process to identify and fund the most meritorious research projects that support our mission: To be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives.