AHA scientific council awards acknowledge significant achievements in cardiovascular diseases and stroke, ranging from basic research to service to the councils and the association. These awards applaud the achievements of researchers, scientists, clinicians, nurses and allied health professionals throughout their careers and provide opportunities for financial rewards and special presentations at AHA conferences.
The Council on Cardiovascular and Stroke Nursing (CVSN) proudly sponsors numerous awards associated with Scientific Sessions and the International Stroke Conference and invites its members to apply or nominate. Please click on the links below for eligibility criteria and application or nomination information for each award.
Mid-Career Achievement Awards
- Mathy Mezey Excellence in Aging Award
- Excellence in Clinical Practice Award
- Research Article of the Year Award
- Clinical Article of the Year Award
- Stroke Article of the Year Award
- CVSN Distinguished Achievement Award
- Katharine A. Lembright Award
- Kathleen A. Dracup Distinguished Lecture and Exemplary Career in Mentoring Award
Early Career Investigator Awards
Travel Grants to Scientific Sessions
- CVSN Early Career Research Travel Grants
- CVSN Minority Travel Grant
- CVSN Educational Fund Travel Grant