The scientific councils’ Distinguished Achievement Award recognizes individuals who have made major contributions to the affairs of a scientific council over a continuing period, and who have made substantial professional contributions to the field represented by the council.
- Contributions to new knowledge in the field
- Contributions to teaching and/or clinical care in the field
- Professional leadership in national or international organizations
The honoree must be a member of the Council on Cardiovascular and Stroke Nursing (CVSN).
The CVSN Distinguished Achievement Award is presented every three years during the CVSN Business Meeting and Awards Dinner at the American Heart Association's Scientific Sessions.
Suggested nominees for the Distinguished Achievement Award may be submitted to the CVSN Leadership Committee by email.
- 2021 Nancy T. Artinian, PhD, RN, FAHA
- 2018 Susan Pressler, PhD, RN, FAAN, FAHA
- 2015 Sandra B. Dunbar, PhD, FAHA
- 2012 Tamilyn Bakas, PhD, RN, FAHA
- 2009 Laura Hayman, PhD, RN, FAHA
- 2006 Gayle Whitman, PhD, RN, FAHA
- 2003 Barbara Fletcher, RN, FAHA
- 2000 Marie Cowan, PhD, RN
- 1997 Martha N. Hill, PhD, RN
- 1994 Susanna L. Cunningham, RN, PhD
- 1991 Jacquelyn Huebsch, RN
- 1988 Mildred Czar, RN
- 1985 M. Jeanne Pontious, RN
- 1982 Grace Brown, MA, RN
The award will be presented at Scientific Sessions.
The honoree will also receive:
- Complimentary registration to the Scientific Sessions
- One complimentary tickets to the Council Dinner
- Engraved plaque
- Round-trip coach airfare to Scientific Sessions
- Hotel reimbursement (room + tax) for one night at the conference rate
- Ground transportation to and from the airport
- Meal reimbursement up to $70